1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston Nutt fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Perhaps Nutt will end up at Kansas, if it's willing to pay. Will say this: Sexton aside, Houston's one of the best cats at selling himself I've ever covered.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I wish someone could come up with a list of schools that were allowed to care about their football programs so we could more quickly identify the teams that don't know their place.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's got too much ego to be an assistant.

Plus he will have gotten about $10m from Arkansas and Ole Miss in severance pay. So it's not like he needs the work.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Look, I may be wrong, but I can't imagine Nutt being a coordinator at Colorado under a coach who is about to finish the season with one win.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't disagree but that doesn't mean Sexton wouldn't float that rumor.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The idea that Ole Miss is unrealistic reminds me of the arguments on here that Notre Dame is unrealistic.

Notre Dame should be able to expect more than 6-6 and the Hawaii Bowl each year.

Ole Miss should be able to expect more than 1-14 in the SEC.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ole Miss is part of the vast middle tier of college football. A team that can finish anywhere from 6-6 to 9-3 in any given year and, if things break right, might hit a 10-2 or 11-1 once a decade.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

No way Nutt will go to Colorado.

He much prefers to coast on someone else's recruits and eventually tear them down vs. gulp, actually having to build something.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

He should join Mike Huckabee's band.

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

12 straight SEC losses. Nutt got teabagged by the competition...ironic.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can't find the link, but the nutjob who used FOIA requests to compile a report about Nutt's relationship with the female Arkansas TV anchor -- complete with text messages five minutes before kickoff of a New Year's Day bowl game -- that was the most inspired work of a fan base that I have ever seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted