1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston Nutt fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Like rain on a wedding day, don'tchathink?

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Several good observations above.

Once the talent Orgeron brought in ran out, Nutt didn't do squat. And, FWIW, if Colorado decided to make a change, it could do better than recycle Houston.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think you would have a hard time getting a decent coach to go to Colorado. If they fire Embree, they'd be lucky to get someone like Nutt or Leach.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here's a thought: Throw some bucks at Larry Fedora.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Agreed on Leach, not so with Nutt. You tell me. Isn't there some allure with the Colorado program, insofar as its potential? The thought of Leach landing there really intrigues me.

6. Inky_Wretch

Nutt would be lucky to land at Colorado.

Of course, with Jimmy Sexton at play, I'm sure his name will be floated for every opening in the land.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

It's a very good thought. But some of those Ole Miss folks are too high and mighty to bear the thought of bringing in the "Mississippi Southern" coach.

8. Mizzougrad96

Colorado should have hired Leach last year. I still can't imagine they'd fire Embree after one year, even if he does appear to be completely over his head.

Of course the only place I can find anything about Nutt to Colorado is at the top of this thread.

9. Mizzougrad96

As far as allure at Colorado, there was before Hawkins destroyed the place. Now, they're the worst team in the Pac-12.

10. Inky_Wretch

I'll wager a cold beverage of your choice Nutt's name gets thrown into the hat at Colorado (by somebody in the media who gets a phone call from Sexton).

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

ESPN is reporting that Houston Nutt has denied he has interest in the opening at Ole Miss.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And take another look at what Jay posted at the top it says the rumor is Sexton has a job lined up for him at Colorado. A job. Not THE job. I take that to mean a position on the staff.

Draft saved Draft deleted