1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston is No. 1 city to live work and play, says Kiplinger

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnoopyBoy, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ha! Only as a stepping stone.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Different strokes for different folks. I'd take all three of those cities over Houston in a heartbeat.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd take Colorado Springs over most places in the States.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Amen to that.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Far too much Jeebus-style religion in that town. Great location, though.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Omaha...nice town.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm from Texas, but if I'm making a list of cities I want to live, work and play in, Houston is pretty damned far down the list. At a minimum, I'd like a city where, when I open the car door to get out, my glasses don't instantly fog up and render me blind.

8. dargan

dargan Active Member

Houston's not as bad as Dallas, though. If you grow up with humidity, you don't realize how bad life is without it until you move somewhere without much. Like Dallas.

9. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Huh?

10. dargan

dargan Active Member

I figured that would get a puzzled response. Dallas is dry and arid compared to where I grew up, so when I went to college in the Metroplex, I had a sinus infection pretty much the whole time because of how dried out I was. I must have moisture in the air to survive.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman ranks Kiplinger as the dead last place to find common sense as far as cities' livability.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, but ask 1,000 people whether they'd rather have 100 degrees with humidity or 100 degrees without, 999 of them aren't going to want the humidity.

Draft saved Draft deleted