1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston is No. 1 city to live work and play, says Kiplinger

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnoopyBoy, Jun 3, 2008.

1. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Kiplinger ranks Houston as No. 1 place in U.S. to live, work and play

http://www.kiplinger.com/features/archives/2008/05/2008-best-city-houston.html

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

To play? Call me when there are mountains to climb.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Colorado Springs being on there immediately destroys any credibility. Fayetteville and Omaha as well...

Puhleeze...

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

They obviously didn't conduct their visits in July or August. To Houston at least.

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Or in June. It is brutally hot right now and it's not even officially summer.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I really dislike Houston. A deep, passionate bitterness that goes back to childhood.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Houston is a nice city with an improved downtown but is way too spread out with so-so public transportation.

Home prices are really cheap, though.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I could so work for the Chronicle, dammit.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'd rather live there than on this godforsaken steppe, even though Molly Ivins was right when she described Houston as "Los Angeles with the climate of Calcutta."

The women are hotter in Houston. Out here in West Texas, there are way too many women with the Wal-Mart body: broad shoulders, big bellies, wide but flat asses. Just like most of the dudes, now that I think about it. Houston women aren't as hot as Austin women but they are smokin'.

I like the 1960s-era Houston of Larry McMurtry novels.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I like Rice Village and any restaurant is usually a winner, but otherwise what exactly is in Houston proper?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Right on, DOH

12. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Houston definitely scores well with attractive women, but --having attended Texas State and living in that area -- I'm going with Austin (barely). Houston's a good city if you can deal with the heat (95 with a 105 heat index as I type this).

Draft saved Draft deleted