1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HOUSTON, goodbye! Larry King ending prime-time show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jun 29, 2010.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

My prediction is CNN hires Couric and changes the format so she and the guest(s) sit in chairs so everyone can see Couric's legs in an effort to boost ratings. But that's just a guess.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, if CNN hires Couric, it'd be higher ratings than she's getting now.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In less than two years we could live in a world without Larry King, Regis Philbin, Alex Trebek, Pat Sajak, Letterman, Leno and Andy Rooney on our TVs. That's a lot of hours on TV in the last 30 years.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, Larry King's legs rawk, too.

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

One of my most vivid memories of the Larry King radio show is from December 1984. I was a freshman in college, trying to pull an all-nighter, but I fell asleep with a book and my chest and Larry King on the ragio ... KOGO AM in San Diego, I think it was.

I woke up startled about 1 a.m., because King and some caller were screaming about the Bernhard Goetz case. It sticks out in my memory because it was so out of character for King to scream at a caller. He didn't even scream at Howard Stern's little weasels when they slithered through his screener.

I also remember seeing some TV simulcast of his radio show a few years later. He was chain-smoking those 120mm More cigarettes. No wonder he had so many heart attacks. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted