1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HOUSTON, goodbye! Larry King ending prime-time show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jun 29, 2010.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

In the fall.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/06/larry-king-announces-he-is-ending-his-prime-time-cnn-show.html

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I noticed that you didn't post this on the journalism board.

Well done.

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Used to enjoy listening to his all-night Mutual radio show back in the mid-80s. Always loved hearing his gruff "Sir, have a good time" when the Stern asshats would get through. :)

He seemed to lose something in the transition to TV. And yeah, no way this belongs on the journalism board.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The show was better when it was based in DC.

CNN's best move would be to have Anderson Cooper take over the show and have someone else take over 360.

5. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

his radio show was pretty good. I'm ready for him to be gone from TV.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The same here. His late night shows on Mutual was a treat to listen to before I went to bed as a kid. Anytime he mentioned Duke Ziebart, I smile.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

"That show" needs to die. Anderson Cooper would be miserable sitting behind a desk interviewing people and so would such a show. Anderson loves nothing more than wearing his black t-shirt on location down at the Gulf or in Haiti or wherever there is calamity in the world, and he's very good in those settings. He's okay when he's anchoring his show trying to grill people, but not as good as when on location. But please don't put him behind a desk interviewing people for an hour.

8. redman biffle

redman biffle New Member

I knew it was time for him to go officially the other night when he interviewed Michael Jackson's brother in front of basically his grave plot. I know people get morbid when they get old but damn don't bring it on TV. Plus it seems like a lot of guests aren't interested in coming on his show anymore cause he kind of creeps them out. When Kathy Griffin and Penn Jillete are your regular guests, you know your show sucks.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I hope that young man enjoys his retirement.[/spnited]

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Very nice!

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Why CNN is irrelevant and has been for ages: It had BREAKING NEWS on King's show tonight ... for him announcing he's giving up a show he should have given up during the Clinton-Dole campaign.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

wonder what it would take to get him back on radio, even if its just for an hour a week or something. I too loved that old Mutual radio show. "We're going to Duke Zeibert's tonight, where crab cakes are on the menu..."

Draft saved Draft deleted