1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Housewives Season 3 opener thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by steveu, Sep 25, 2006.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm a Desperate Housewives fan (Teri Hatcher has something to do with it... lol). Since we have a Grey's thread on the board, I thought I'd step forward and start this up. That said, I thought the third-season opener was pretty well done. Agreements? Disagreements? Threadjacks? Bueller?

Discuss. :D

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I was wondering why there wasn't a thread up yet. I can't comment since I'm on the road and it is (hopefully) in my Tivo tuner back home.

But as an aside, how can anyone not love Teri Hatcher? How, I ask! How?

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Agreed to sit through it with my mother.

Best line: "I don't do that, I'm a Republican!"

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Enjoyable again. But ... I can't put my finger on it yet, but it felt different than before. I'm not quite sure why.

I do know "Brothers and Sisters," right afterward, hooked me.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

The first year of this show was great. Last year was downright horrible.

From the looks of the premiere, they seem to be pulling the show back toward the relative sanity of the first season. The absolute shit they dumped out there last season was unbelievable, and I mean that literally. You honestly couldn't but into what you were watching. Too many crazy-ass things going on at once.

If they can stick to far-fetched-yet-reasonable storylines, it might do OK again. But they lost a ton of people last season.

And yeah, Brothers and Sisters was damn good. I don't know if it's personal choice or what, but the fact that Sally Field has had so little work over the past several years is a crime.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I really like seeing Callista Flockhart again, too.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I wanted to catch football over on NBC, so I'm hoping ABC repeats the pilot (I think it might be available at abc.com too)

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I haven't watched "Brothers and Sisters" completely yet. That cast is pretty incredible...

Desperate Housewives was outstanding in Season 1 and was pure shit in Season 2...

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Through the mysteries of television, Rachel Griffiths, who is at least 5-6 years younger than Calista Flockhart, plays the "older sister."
    At least Flockhart is playing someone closer to her real age. She turned 38 in this episode.
    But the boyfriend looked a whole lot younger. And the idea of them 'starting a family together' given her age was just a big far-fetched.
    The writing could have been better. Not sure I want to hear "my politics" another time.
    But the premise is good and we'll certainly give it every chance to hit its groove.

The conflict between Sally Field and Flockhart, which seems to be the main theme, was a little weak. Hopefully as the weeks go on, we'll find out what really is going on there.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yawn. i watch because my wife likes it.

if brie (bree?) gets in another fucked up relationship with a fuck up uh, well, they did that last year. i hope there are some twists she and orson. and yeah, i saw 'scenes' from next week where they discovered the body. but her and her screwed up relationships are a little bit tired. still, i loved the scene where she jumped him after he started going on about his cleaning techniques.

i'd also like to see where bree's son ended up and what he's up to.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did you miss the part about Bree's latest man having killed his wife? How many murderers live in that suburb?

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm just thankful that it's given a new outlet for Kiersten Warren, formerly of Saved By The Bell: The College Years fame. She's hot in a psycho sort of way.

Draft saved Draft deleted