1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houseboy Brooks, Ignoring Obvious Relevant Facts, Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Jun 24, 2008.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yeah, a surge when we still had some reasonable control of the situation.

This is like the Democrats proposing an off-tackle run on first-and-goal at the 1, only to have Bush call all passes, resulting in three sacks. Then, Bush calls an off-tackle run on fourth-and-goal at the 22, and suddenly the Democrats are hypocrites for saying that was a dumb call.

Many on the left said from the start that that -- well, many of them said don't go in. But if you're going to go in, don't do it on the cheap.

Don't expect us to apologize for being right.

Oh, and for the Nth time ...

"You liberals want us to lose!"

That's conservative-speak for, "We've got nothing."

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

" . . . and we've bet on the wrong horse again and again, but we want another chance."

Oh, you'll get one.

But not for a while.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Don't replace the clock -- celebrate the success!!

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Well seeing as how the "bad guys" (things are simple in Republican minds, aren't they) are Al-Qeda and Osama Bin Laden. And seeing how, according to the NME, Al-Queda has reached pre-9/11 strength and OBL is still alive, I'd say we haven't even been effectively engaging the bad guys.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wonder how those conversations between those two charming old neighbors, Rummy and Cheney, will go on Maryland's Eastern shore, in '09 and beyond?

Probably just more delusional mutual backscratching, I reckon.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

*Quack, quack, quack*
    "Fuck 'em, we got ours."
    *quack, quack*

"We sure did, Dick."

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Far and away, the most pathetic sight of the last eight years is Republicans lecturing Democrats on national security and fighting terrorism.

It's gotta be only a matter of time before Mike Gundy shows up at my door to lecture me on press-conference decorum.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Based on the last 15 minutes on this thread, I see the heavy investments in defeat are quite apparent.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Still got nothing, we see.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ol'_T is good with the party line parroting, though. Gotta give him that.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If Fredo had honed in on the real bad guys and true problem areas the first time, we wouldn't be in the fix we're in.

But he and his people wanted to maintain other visions. Thanks for nothing, boys.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can understand you would want to call our success in the Middle East "nothing." Again, that investment in defeat is really showing, Joe. Might want to consider selling before your investment goes any lower.

Draft saved Draft deleted