1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

House '09-'10

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 21, 2009.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

It was an enjoyable 2 hours of television and I don't get that very often. I can't wait for next week's episode.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I loved that turn of events, it caught me completely by surprise and that doesn't happen too often.

That being said, I loved that they didn't show Amber or Kutner last night. I liked the episode though it didn't really feel like House per se.

I'm debating whether to keep watching week to week or to wait for the DVDs. I love this show and it's tough to wait seven days in between episodes. Right now, I feel like I'm at a good place to break before the next DVDs come out.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Anyone else struck by the fact that they worked on House's "what" psychologically speaking, but didn't even touch on the "why"? I know he has a bad relationship with his dad, was a military brat and moved around a lot, but... is that why House is House? Others have said he was the same before the leg infarction, so it wasn't that (I guess).

I'm glad they didn't get into it last night, really, but the curiosity is getting to me.

4. bwright

bwright Member

Damn DVR skipped it. Aggravating.

5. Killick

I've rethought this. Now, I don't want a Potente cameo. I do, however, want a return visit from Mira Sorvino as the psychologist he saved via remote at the South Pole. Now *they* had something cooking, and that was a great ep. Sorvino's character was a much better foil/interest than Cuddy, Potente et al. Plus, she should be back from the Pole by now, it makes sense that she would touch base.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, i sort of feared that, too. but we're supposed to buy he's past all that.

great tv, it was.

7. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

I was totally into this show for its first couple of seasons, but a couple of years ago it felt like it was jumping the shark so I gave it up. Sounds like maybe I need to give it another shot, if I can figure out the plotline.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you bailed after the whole Cameron-Chase-Foreman vs. House split thing, huh? If so, jump back in. Season Four was up-and-down but the ending was phenomenal and Season Five was much more consistent, pound-for-pound.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kid you not: Tonight's episode is called "Epic Fail." Oughta be right in the SJ wheelhouse.

10. Killick

Enjoy Cameron while you can - was reading this weekend that her character's being written off by mid-season. (And yet, Chase stays.)

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've never been a big House fan, but I did see the season premiere and it was quite good.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tonight's was the opposite of epic fail, with an awesome twist at the end.

Not sure how they're still doing it after five seasons, but whatever it is they're smoking, pass some of it to the Glee folks.

Draft saved Draft deleted