1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hotty Toddy, gosh almighty, you're goin' to hell, Ole Miss!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 7, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have no idea what these fools are protesting about, but for some reason the Westboro Church is up in arms about "The Blind Side."
    Yes, the book that came out seven years ago and the movie that came out four years ago. Apparently they're ready to burn Ole Miss to the ground over it, but it's unclear why exactly. Other than the fact they're idiots, of course.
    I will give them points, however, for the feisty language in their press release. It sounds like it was written by a drunken fratboy at Mississippi state.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20130506/NEWS/305060038/Westboro-threatens-picket-Ole-Miss-over-Blind-Side-

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

God Hates Left Tackles?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Michael Oher went on to become Brendon Ayanbadejo's teammate.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Convenient pit stop on an extended road trip. They're picketing outside Graceland before that and then "appearing" on campus in Tuscaloosa that Saturday to celebrate the tornados from two years ago.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As usual, Westboro is better at PR than actually protesting. They've gotten a ton of mileage of this today.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Interviewed them once when they came out our way. The counter protestors were more entertaining. I get the impression they use the "ministry" of their protests to write off vacations. They're visiting Graceland before heading to Oxford.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

They need their asses kicked.

8. Internet Tough Guy.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I know they are crazy and PR mad, but I don't understand their theological thinking.

I believe they think that everyone except themselves is headed to hell.

And I believe they think that's predestined.

So if they are they only ones getting rewarded in the afterlife, why not go around acting smug, instead of like batshit loons?

If I am headed to hell anyway, quit making earth that much more hellish, Westboro people.

Thank you.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I hope they drive on campus faster than 18 mph so they can get popped.

[​IMG]

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm not a tough guy. I'm just someone who says they need their asses kicked. What this group does isn't cool in my book.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oxford is a great town to get your ass kicked.

Draft saved Draft deleted