1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hotter 'n hell...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 28, 2013.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It has actually been the least-hot summer I can remember down here. Just finished a two-week or so stretch where the high never reached 90.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Same here in North Texas. I'm not sure, but I don't think we've had a 100-degree day yet. For reference, a few years back we had our first one in April.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We've yet to have a day over 90 degrees this year. Supposedly it's coming next week though... :D

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Dreading the next six weeks.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

The same one who came up with the idea of having the presidential inauguration in January when it's cold as balls in DC?

I was gonna go to the last one, but I couldn't get the day off and I wasn't sure I wanted to spend a day freezing in DC when I couldn't even see anything.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's 68º and raining in Dallas right now.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Fair enough. Although in order to change that, you'd probably have to change the election date. Heck, I would have no problem with holding elections in late summer or around Labor Day with an inauguration a couple of months later.

The weather in DC varies somewhat that time of the year. I remember one inauguration (Reagan, maybe) it was so cold they had to move the stuff indoors.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Reagan in 1985. Everything was canceled, with the swearing in taking place inside the White House.

And for nearly a couple of centuries, the inauguration was March 4.

9. Bodie_Broadus

I think there is a scene from the last season of The West Wing where Matt Santos (Jimmy Smits) mentions how cold it is for the inauguration and President Bartlet explains why it's held when it is.

I wanna go to one someday.

As for the weather here, it's always nice at LAX. Right by the ocean, nice breezes.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

True, but it was pushing uncomfortable heat inland today. And the air sucks.

11. Bodie_Broadus

I live in Inglehood, the temp dropped very quickly last night. I went downstairs to put in some laundry when the sun was setting and it was still a little warm, 45 minutes later it was almost cold out.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My cousin is in Fort Worth (Keller, actually) and his wife said it was 70 degrees and raining today.

Draft saved Draft deleted