1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hotmail problems?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Mar 16, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Anyone else having hotmail problems?

I haven't been able to access hotmail.com at home (PC) or at work (Mac)

Anyone else having troubles?

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

MSN's servers were down for a while this afternoon. Couldn't get into MSN Messenger, either. Problem seems to be fixed now.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Same here, but now everything is working alright for me atleast.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Other than Hotmail/Microsoft's usual inability to recognize spam when it sees it? Then no logging-in problems.

5. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

I don't know anyone who uses hotmail anymore ... it's not a diss, just when i saw this thread I realized I knew no one.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Had Hotmail ever since my family stopped using CompuServe in the mid-'90s. Love it.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not here. Logged in just fine this morning and then a moment ago.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It was an early afternoon problem, I think.

I have hotmail, but it's the one I use to sign up for things. My personal e-mail is a gmail account.

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

This is slightly off topic, but I don't know why anyone would use Hotmail instead of Gmail.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

What's Gmail got that Hotmail doesn't?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Fuck problems with Hotmail, try getting onto this site using any helpers or just trying to log in like normal.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Let's see:
    • Vastly superior spam filters.

Actually, that alone should be enough to sell anybody on the superiority of Gmail (or for that matter, almost anything) over Hotmail, which has never seen a spam mail it didn't find unworthy of passing on to the account-holder. Just truly wretched spam "filtering" unless you use the most restrictive spam filter setting to tell Hotmail to only pass on messages from those in your address book.

• No tagline on the end of messages --- looks hella more professional than the ads Yahoo and Hotmail stick on the end. I can use my Gmail account for work, but I wouldn't dream of doing that with Yahoo or Hotmail just because I can't guarantee what's tagged on the end of my e-mail.
    • Free POP access for e-mail programs --- webmail is not the best way to check e-mail. With Post Office Protocol, I don't have to see any ads at all. :) And if I were using a laptop, I could download my e-mail with Eudora or Mozilla Thunderbird, then take the computer to the beach and read it.
    • Hotmail is ... um ... slightly tardy in delivering e-mail after I hit "send." No such problems with Gmail.

Draft saved Draft deleted