1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hotel advice for D.C. trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 11, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, I made it to D.C. This place is awesome! Thanks for the advice.

2. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Welcome, TSP.

Hope you don't have to drive anywhere today... 4:20 on a beautiful Friday? It's already ugly, I'd bet.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm so glad it worked out, TSP. Maybe I can start a second career as a travel agent. You brought us beautiful weather, BTW.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Wait a second....The Indians are in DC tonight?? Really?

Fuck. I know a guy who's throwing out a first pitch for the local minor-league team. Sonofa.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How'd that work out?

What hotel are you in TSP?

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Metro homepage

www.wmata.com/

Metro maps

www.wmata.com/maps/maps.cfm?fromMenu=MapsAndStations.0

The Orange Line going out to Vienna has several stops with hotels not directly adjacent, but nearby, which probably are cheaper than downtown.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I am not in a hotel, I am in a bed + breakfast -- the Adam's Inn. It's in the Woodley Park/Adams Morgan area. I'm not sure which! But that's the Metro stop nearby.

And I sure did enjoy my trip to RFK tonight. Got to sit behind home plate in the 300 section for just $9 since I bought an upper deck outfield ticket and didn't go to my assigned seat. Got a free Nats baseball cap (non-floppy version) for being one of the first 15,000 fans in. And got to see the Tribe win in the ninth on a Victor Martinez three-run, ninth-inning blast to center and a Nook Logan fuckup while rounding third and heading for home after the catcher already had the ball!

GO D.C.!!

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The only good thing about that play was it will mean the end of Nook in Washington. So I'll take it.
    Though it would have been nice to have Zimmerman up with the bases loaded.

Draft saved Draft deleted