1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot times in Tahoe

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20070625/NEWS/106250037

Wildfire approaches Lake Tahoe.

An AP photo moved showing Tahoe Tribune sports editor Steve Yingling and his family among the evacuated.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hopefully it takes far less than 15 minutes for firefighters to get on the scene. Bad news.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Here's hoping for some rain in the area.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

This is an unfortunate title for this thread, irreverent in an awful situation.
    Many years ago, I walked into the office one morning, saw a co-worker/friend who lives in Malibu.
    I casually say, "Hey Paul, did you get the hot foot last night?"
    He looks up from his desk, scowls and says, "Yeah, all I have is these clothes and my truck." His house burned to the ground.
    I felt like yesterday's shit and I still do whenever I see that there's a fire locally or think about this guy and what he went through.
    Being irreverent seems to be a common trait among sports writers, but sometimes we should take a harder look at real-life situations.
    I bet that if Oggiedoggie ever met Steve Yingling (maybe they're best friends, I don't know) he wouldn't come up to him and say, "Hey Steve, did you have hot times last night?"

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

I'm sure Lifetime has a message board.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

No, if I knew him well, I'd probably just say, "I hear things are pretty hot up your way."

GMAFB

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

For those needing the NetLingo dictionary, GMAFB = Give me a fuckin' break.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I'm good at giving breaks, and cutting slack. I just wish people would be a little more cognizant of personal issues and not make light of them. Probably we're too engrossed in "games," which, in the overall scheme of things, aren't that important and contribute to an irreverent approach.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

The Toy Department ...

10. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Damn. Saw the thread title and thought this was gonna be another JDV video replete with fast times and provably demonstrably hot women. But I suppose this is news too.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Careful, SCD's gonna be on yer ass.

12. I don't think that's it

I just think a lot of people around here are fucking idiots

Draft saved Draft deleted