1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot Stove Thread 2014-15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 30, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Oop-
    Cuddyer is an above-average hitter. Health has always been his question.
    The splits are still good. As good hitters will perform in all environments.
    And the Mets are moving the fences in again. Citi is becoming a more neutral ballpark.
    I can't blame a guy that age for not wanting to play for the dog-ass Rockies, even if they played their home games on Mars.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Plaschke and DePodesta are suing for patent infringement.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

The nerds won, as they often do. Dilbeck's column is very 2005.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Dodgers need to quit hiring all these GeeksWhoNeverPlayedtheGame like Gabe Kapler, who played 12 years in the majors.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

These columns have become the old "host city is a joke" or "soccer sucks" columns of yesteryear.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not disputing that Cuddyer can help the Mets if he can stay healthy. Of course, staying healthy is always a problem for him and that is not likely to change in his mid-30s. My issue with the move was giving up the first-round pick.

I am disputing the assertion that Coors Field does not make that much of an impact. It clearly does.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

My point is a good hitter will excel even when he's not playing a mile above sea level.
    Take Andres Galarraga. He won a batting title with the Rockies, but he still hit .300 eight other times.

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Cuddyer's averaged 93 games per season during his three years in Colorado.

9. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Congrats to Jacob deGrom, the award is well deserved. This being the Mets, you can probably pencil him in for Tommy John surgery sometime next year.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

We acknowledged he can't stay healthy. Thanks for the parenthetical note.

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Not exactly sure how much baseball wherewithal they actually have? All of these men have extensive baseball industry experience. Andrew Friedman had incredible success in Tampa Bay. And DePodesta did win a division title in his short tenure with the Dodgers.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

Friedman and DePodesta also played sports in college- along with all the other nerds.
    There is bad journalism, there is 50 feet of crap and then there is this.

Draft saved Draft deleted