1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot Stove, part 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Didn't you say that last year too?

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Tigers sign Bonderman to three-year deal, $38 mill.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Am.jo0sJzntYAGk63tbTHvk5nYcB?slug=ap-tigers-bonderman&prov=ap&type=lgns

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I actually think it's four years, Hank. Seems like a helluva value, too. Bonderman strikes me as a Jack Morris type--never a great ERA, but solid and durable. That may be a little strong considering I think Morris belongs in the HOF, but Bondo seems like a workhorse.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You're right. Four year deal.

But yea, good deal to get a long term deal for a young arm. I believe his ERA has gone down every year he's been in the majors.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

For a guy to bounce back from a 6-19 rookie year shows he has some mettle. I love guys like that.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Less money than Lilly and Meche.

Good Christ.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Yankees have been home for Halloween every year since 2001.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Bonderman is only 24 and wasn't a free agent, so his contract doesn't reflect his full market value.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Twins starter Brad Radke will make it official today.

Carried a lot of awful Twins teams from shite to just below mediocre. And whether that matters or not in the grand scheme of things, it matters a great deal to the fan who wants to see a good game, and knows that every fifth day, Minnesota would at least have a shot.

Also pitched almost all of last season in terrible pain with a torn labrum, but refused to come out of the rotation.

A ballplayer.

Thanks, Brad.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

From what people have told me, Radke pitched with an awful lot of pain this past season. Amazing that he kept going out there. Sort of like Nagy a couple of years ago.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Word in the Cities was that he couldn't throw the ball 20 feet between starts.

Had to brush his teeth, comb his hair, etc. left-handed all year.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What a shocker. Ken Griffey, Jr. is hurt again. Broke his hand in an incident at home. So far, no details on how it happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted