1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot 'Lanta for the weekend

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Aug 14, 2011.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

It's funny. I lived in Georgia (for the most part) for 25 years and never heard of the Vortex.
    T_b_f, I'd love to do a lunch/early afternoon beer Friday. Still checking on Saturday.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Hey, didn't say it was healthy. You want that, go to P.F. Chang's and eat the lettuce wrap.

Lisa's right about the aquarium. Definitely geared more toward those with kids tagging along. Looks like the weekend is geting pretty full, but I'll offer this: If you're into dinosaur bones, Fernbank Museum of Natural History is pretty cool, though also a bit on the kid-centric side. If you're into miserable failures as democratic presidents who used the Oval Office as a stepping stone, there's the Carter Center.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Go to the one in Athens instead. It's a landmark too, but it's less touristy (except on gamedays) and possibly more greasy.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How far away do you live? I certainly don't want you to drive three or four hours just for lunch and a beer. I'd love to meet you -- and the rest of the Atlanta crew. Early afternoon Friday sounds great. You call the time and location.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Dude, where I live, I have to drive at least 45 minutes to get anywhere, so it's no biggie...

Let me check the schedule and let you know!

6. NDub

NDub Guest

I ate at The Highlander last Friday for the first time. That was a delicious hamburger. I was there around 7 p.m. so I didn't get the full nightlife experience there, although I did find it to be quite the unique atmosphere. I sat at the bar and the bartender was the daughter of former MLBer/Brave Ron Reed. She was watching him on TV at the Bobby Cox celebration before the game.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There is a Flip Burger in Bham. Love, love, love.

8. three_bags_full

So, now that you're a homeowner, when can I buy you a beer?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I can either do Friday night or I can do Friday lunch, but I can't do both. So figure if you want me for burgers or beers. :)

We haven't set up the weekend schedule yet, so I don't know when I'm working Saturday, but maybe a Friday lunch and Saturday evening could work. But I think Saturday is your anniversary so you probably don't want me around.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Friday lunch, I'm in. Pick a place. Say about 1?

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I second the Aquarium and Stone Mountain.

12. three_bags_full

Friday, 1300, Vortex Bar and Grill, Midtown. IJAG, I'd live to have you either time. This is not an anniversary weekend; my birfday is Sunday, so we're hitting a game Friday and lots of bars. No kiddos for the weekend. Yahtzee!

Draft saved Draft deleted