1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot enough for you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 5, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, I keep him around because he looks good in a towel and nothing else.

Sometimes he fans me with it.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I can't wait for tomorrow! The temp might not even get to 70 :D

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Played 18 holes in 104-degree heat today. Heat index was 112ish. Not my smartest moment. I still feel like I'm emanating heat.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Amazing side sig!

6. KG

KG Active Member

Well starting last year I started using these http://www.nextag.com/Holmes-HEATER-SWIRL-GRILL-545365353/prices-html. I mentioned them in the a/c help thread. Three of them keep a 3br/2ba house quite warm in the winter. The furnace hardly ran after I got them.

I think the biggest problem is the lack of insulation. The attic and one wall are now heavily insulated, thanks to a tree that fell through the house when Ivan rolled through. But when we were redoing the wall on the side of the house where it crashed through, there were only bits and pieces of insulation. I'm assuming the rest of the exterior walls are the same, and since it's a rental, I'm not going to bother with getting blown in put in the walls.

As for the showers...scalding is the only way to go for me, save for the 104 degree days.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo, record high temp today!!!

And it's 98 right now.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think it's still 112 here at 10:41.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My AC bill will be well over $250 next month, but it was under $100 each of the last 2 months so it'll be damn worth it.

Draft saved Draft deleted