1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot enough for you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

It is fall like conditions in Halifax. We may barely only hot 20 degrees and it is raining and windy. I am not complaining though. Fall is my favourite time of year.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

22C, cloudy and rainy here in suburban Toronto.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What that temp in real numbers?

ANd it was 90-flippin-5 at 8:30 this morning....
    Temp sensor here in Hooterville says 101.3

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

95 degrees here at 11:20, I don't know or want to know the heat index.
    The 10-day forecast is awful. The coolest high is 100 Saturday and it is supposed to hit 104 or hotter four of those days.
    I think at least three people have died so far.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mid-70s

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

90º F here, headed to a high of 98º . But the humidity is way down, so no heat advisory.

I'll take very hot and dry over hot and high humidity.

7. KG

KG Active Member

I can't wait till next week. The high is supposed to drop down to like 93.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

97 in Mysteryville as of 11:45 a.m., one degree lower than it was this time yesterday, when it really did hit 104. Hottest day in 30 years. Looks like another triple-digit temperature in a couple of hours, then by Saturday it'll get back to normal.

Man, I miss my grandparents' swimming pool.

9. KG

KG Active Member

It's 100 now. I will hate to open my electric bill when it shows up after this month.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On one hand, it's nice to work from home because you aren't out in the heat.
    On the other, you hear the AC click on and off and dread the upcoming billl

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's funny, but where I am the electricity bill never goes higher than 55 bucks even when I run my window unit 24/7. On the other hand, my gas bill can run well over 100 in the winter, even for a 400-foot apartment. So in that regard, I like the summer more than the winter. Though I may break down and get a new window unit that heats and cools, to save gas in the colder months. I basically live in my main room anyway, what with my being scared to move my bed from home for fear I'll lose my job weeks later, like what happened the last time I moved it.

12. KG

KG Active Member

My electric bill is easily $200 in the summer. My gas on the other hand is usually $75 (meter read, pass through charges, taxes, etc) before I'm even charged for gas used. So in the winter, it's easily $200 too. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted