1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot enough for you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Up until the last week or so, it really hadn't been too bad down here in the Gulf South. Really, it hadn't. 90-degree temps, but not too much humidity.
    Then Mother Nature turned into a motherfucker.
    Walked out of the office at 12:30 a.m. Saturday night and it was still in the low 80s with 90 percent humidity. My glasses fogged up when I walked out of the building. This morning, same deal. At 6 a.m. it was already 78 degrees with 61 percent humidity. Supposed to be 93 or so this afternoon, and the heat index will certainly top 100.
    Thank God for air conditioning. I can't even imagine living back in the 1800s. Not how people survived, but how they didn't stink to high heaven since bathing was not an every day occurrence.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine is heading to Halifax and Charlottetown for a week on Aug. 13. I am so fucking jealous....

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Sam, that's so the southern thinking and I like it. ;) ... Can't stand the high heat. Give me cold any day. But, then again, I've never had to deal with blizzards - just ice storms.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hard to believe, but DFW has yet to record a 100-degree day this summer.

Something shifted in the wind today because the humidity is lower. Must be getting it off the Hill Country instead of the Gulf. But thst means the temp is going to rise.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I feel for you Huggy. :D

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Today's predicted high temperature in Mysteryville, according to the Weather Channel: 104.

Seriously, what the fuck is 104? That's a theory. That's a setting on the water heater. That's a heat index on a hot day.

And I have to be outside at 2:30 this afternoon. I'ma gonna DIE.

7. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

It only reached 62 here yesterday. Might make it up to 65 today.

8. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Lucky bastard.;D

Our air conditioner broke over the weekend, and we went without air condition in the office Monday and Tuesday. Sweltering heat. 100°, heat index of 110°. Just absolutely brutal. The a/c got fixed late yesterday evening, and today it is tolerable.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

We seem to be getting a little break today ... either that or the A/C in the office hasn't realized the temp isn't as high as it was the last week and I'm cooling the outdoors now.

I've had my window wide open for about an hour now ... and we've been in the mid-90s with 77-degree dew points.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it's plain fucking hot here. dangerous hot.

11. KG

KG Active Member

I thought about taking the canoe up to the lake and going for a swim, but it's just too hot. Can you believe that? Too hot to go swimming. Next week the high is supposed to cool down to the lower 90's.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'll freakin' buy that.

Draft saved Draft deleted