1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot enough for you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 5, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It was 85 here earlier, but our damn dew point is so high, it feels at least 10 degrees warmer. It sucks when you look at the current temp and get excited that it's not as hot as it has been, and then have to realize it's miserable anyway.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Summer finally decided to show up in West Texas. We are supposed to be in the mid-90s for the next 10 days at least. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those years where fall doesn't hit until Thanksgiving.

3. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

95 degrees in early August? Gotta be global warming. ;)

It's August ... it's supposed to be hot. Just coat your body from neck to toe in Johnson's baby powder and everything will be OK.

(Truthfully, I cut grass for 3 1/2 hours in 97-degree heat Saturday and I thought I was going to have a stroke. Supposed to play golf Tuesday with tee off scheduled for 12:30 or so. Forecast is calling for it to be 98 that day).

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

BTW, I'm totally fine with this. Sure beats freezing ass winter.

5. KG

KG Active Member

Yep, it's hot enough for me. Friday and Saturday it was hot enough for me to park the canoe and go for a swim in the lake. After I got over my usual fear of potentially brushing up against a living creature in the water, I had a lot of fun. I boldly went where I hadn't gone before.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

But I can put on a mock, fleece or jacket of some sort in the winter. Can't peel skin when it's hotter than hell.

7. I'll take hot over cold any day.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

F*** a bunch of hot. Perfect is low 80s during the day with it cooling off at night down into the 60s
    At 2:19 a.m., here in the sweaty South, it is 83 degrees with a heat index of 87.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Supposedly, Halifax's summer is supposed to end in the middle of August. David Phillips from Environment Canada says that BC and Nova Scotia will experience cooler than normal temperatures for August and September.

All I say is bring on the Fall, because it's my favourite season. Can't wait to go to Cabot Trail and Glooscap come October. I hate the summer.

10. Yes I am. ;D

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

For virtually the entire month of July, it rained here in East Texas. Suddenly, the rain's stopped for the most part and Old Man Weather is deciding to punish us with extra humidity (on top of what we've come to expect). It freaking sucks outside.

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

That's the fun part. I like it when minnows think my leg hairs are worms and they come up and nip at them. It tickles.

Yes, it's hot. It's also August on the Plains. It's also the first time in memory that we haven't officially registered 100° on the thermometer yet. We usually hit that in late May or early June, but we haven't hit 100° yet.
    Gonna get close this week, though, with highs forecast at 98° all week.
    I don't know how those cavalry guys made it through this what with all those wool uniforms and such.

Draft saved Draft deleted