1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hostel: Part II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of the final scenes is much more disturbing than anything in Saw.

As a whole, Saw was probably scarier...

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

OK......more disturbing final scene.......Hostel or Seven?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Seven is almost all implied, though, isn't it?

4. Seven is so much better as a film, it's not even funny.
    But there's no question Hostel is way more graphic.

5. CaliforniaRed

CaliforniaRed Member

Hostel was disturbing. That's about all I could say about it. I will not be going to see Part 2, nor renting it (as was the case with the original).

6. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Honestly, I have no desire to see this flick. I think we've gone past the point of simply trying to scare people. Instead, we're trying to disgust them with horrible, horrible ultra-violence. To me, that's not much of a movie.

7. Mizzougrad96

Se7en is one of my favorite movies ever... I remember practically screaming when we found out that Gwyneth's head was in the box...

But they never show it. That's part of what makes David Fincher one of the best directors working...

You can't compare Hostel to Se7en. I know Brad Pitt wasn't as big as he is now, but you're talking about a movie with three Oscar winners (Freeman, Paltrow and Spacey) and arguably the biggest movie star around (Pitt).

The first Hostel was made for $3.8 million. Saw was made for $1 mil. Both were huge hits.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hostel was a Grade A piece of crap.

9. Mizzougrad96

I can't wait for people to see this when it comes out on Friday because love it or hate it, people won't be able to stop talking about it...

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

They make enough the first weekend to assure sequel upon sequel.

11. Mizzougrad96

They had Eli Roth on Stern yesterday and he was talking about how horror films are the biggest slam dunk in movies. You don't need starpower, you can make them for very little money and they make a fortune in wide release and on DVD... I think he said Hostel made $200 mil worldwide. I'm fairly certain Saw made even more than that...

Nice profit margin...

12. Mizzougrad96

Opens today... ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted