1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Horny female high school teachers dividing town

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, May 21, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://newsok.com/article/3245042?mp=0

School sex scandal leaves Vian divided

It's a quiet town set between the hills of western Sequoyah County. But in the wake of the resignation of two teachers, both Vian High School graduates, the town is split.

Jennifer Cowart, 35 and Tracy Ann Boshers, 34, are under investigation over allegations of inappropriate relationships with male students at the high school. They resigned just before termination hearings were to proceed by the school district. The district, which was prepared to air the results of its investigation, accepted the resignations to avoid ongoing litigation, Superintendent Lawrence Barnes said.

Vian Police Chief Danny Hoover began a sexual battery investigation. No arrests have been made and no charges have been filed.

Earlier this month, the case was reviewed by the Sequoyah County district attorney's office and sent back to Hoover for more investigation. He has since turned over the inquiry to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

‘All that we know is just hearsay'
    To some, the allegations against the former teachers carry weight and illustrate what they say is a longstanding practice of female teachers having relationships with boys who are juniors and seniors in high school.

Others say the allegations are just a way to damage the careers of teachers who have been dedicated to the district.

Attorneys for both women did not return calls seeking comment.

The issue has people picking sides in the town of 1,500.

"This has split up our community forever,” said Joe Simon, who has two sons in school and owns Vian's only hardware store. "We didn't get to have the hearing. If we would have, maybe we would know the facts. Now all that we know is just hearsay. This is a tight community, and it has been pretty tough on us.”

Not many locals want to talk publicly.

An affidavit for a search warrant, filed by Hoover in April, has witnesses saying Boshers sent sexual text messages to cell phones of high school boys. One boy told police that Boshers performed oral sex on him at the school and in her vehicle.

"I knew that she had sex with another student, so why not me?” the former Vian student told police. "She put off the vibes. I hit her up about it, and she did it.”

Few of the boys are speaking with police about suspected relationships with Boshers. During his investigation, Hoover requested copies of Boshers's phone records and text messages.

Many students and former students haven't cooperated with the police investigation of Boshers, a popular teacher who once coached a decorated cheerleading squad and is the daughter of the school district's business manager.

One mother's quest
    When Cara Mosby's son seemed distraught about a relationship during his junior year of high school, she reassured him. When she realized he was upset about a relationship he said he was having with a married teacher at school, she took a different course.

"I had to sit him down at the kitchen table and tell him why he couldn't be in love with this teacher,” she said. "I told him to take care of it, and if he wouldn't, I would.”

In 2005, after she said she found a poem that had been put in her son's locker and signed by two female teachers, Mosby went to the school.

In a November 2005 letter to former Vian High School Principal Bob Thomas, Mosby said that her son "told me of previous sexually related advances and comments made to him. .... I am seriously concerned.”

Mosby said nothing seemed to be done to address her concerns.

Barnes said he didn't see a copy of the letter until recently and that any disciplinary action that might have come from the 2005 letter would be confidential.

Barnes said he's certain Thomas took disciplinary action.

"We weren't able to substantiate anything at that time,” Barnes said. "The difference this time around is that some of the kids are stepping forward. At the time the letter was received, the boys weren't talking.”

Mosby said she took her concerns to the police, and nothing was done.

"They just acted like it was OK,” she said. "It was like everybody knew about this, and nobody wanted to talk about it.”

Since then, Hoover has been hired as police chief. The previous police chief, Jeremy Floyd, has been arrested on complaints of theft and embezzlement.

For Mosby, it was a relief when her son graduated, but she was haunted by what she says happened.

"I was so relieved he wouldn't have to go back there,” she said. "I put it in God's hands, but I felt bad. I knew there would be other students that might have to go through something like this.”

2. The only reason I click on these threads anymore is to see pictures of the teachers.

Here we have what appears to be multiple women and no photos. I'm thoroughly disappointed.

It's not like I'm asking for girl-on-girl. Just a mug.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Do a web search for the second teacher's name and they'll have mug shots in the first entry.

Do a web search for the first teacher's name and you see prom pictures she took and posted to the district's web site. Makes you wonder which student pictures she posted are ones that she, uhm, posted.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In an unrelated note, requests for tranfers into the Vian school district from around Oklahoma have skyrocketed.

5. poindexter

You are completely justified in registering your dissatisfaction. The rule of thumb is pics or it didn't happen. I haven't had time to find pics. I'm sure these horny broads have myspace accounts to troll for high school guys. Can someone with myspace access help us out?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know what to make of this. I laughed when I read it and immediately felt dirty.

7. poindexter

Cowart
    [​IMG]
    Boshers
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The story that accompanied those pictures also questioned the taste of students at that school.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey, it's Oklahoma. Beggars can't be choosers.

10. It's OK, Poin. I have a hunch that the days of hot teachers boinking students is so 'two years ago.' It's like high school: Now that all the girls are doing it, the cool girls have moved on to try and find something even more pathetic and vulnerable to sleep with.

It's a wonder more young journalists aren't hooking up with hot h.s. teachers.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

There was only one teacher in HS worth having an affair with.. recent college grad who was hired to teach chemistry, but taught our physics course because the physics teacher was overloaded.

She watched him do an experiment first hour, and did it for us second hour. One time, it wasn't working, and she was obviously getting frustrated. I muttered something about watching a bad episode of Mr. Wizard. She didn't like me too much after that

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The bottom one has a misshapen mouth.

Draft saved Draft deleted