1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hoping a friend of mine isn't a freakin' psycho...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I've been following a story from my hometown for a while now, only this week it's blown up into a major story in northern Ohio. Here's the local paper's take:

http://m.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/UPDATES01/306300001/-1/WAP&template=wapart

So, on the surface, the ex looks guilty as hell. Problem is, I know the guy. My sister works with him, and I know him pretty well. He's a good guy, doesn't seem capable of this, nor dumb enough to do this repeatedly and so pathetically bad. She accused him of one of the earlier attacks, but he was cleared with a very strong alibi. She also accused him of setting the fire, and was eventually charged with filing a false police report because cops think she or her new boyfriend set the fire to frame Alex because of their custody battle for their two little girls.

This latest one, though... I mean there are a couple of things in her account that don't smell right, but would someone really take that kind of a beating for a setup?

I'm just hoping something else is at play here, and my friend isn't a freaking psycho.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's nuts, dude.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Three similar incidents? Seems like they would have been important to say what the incidents were.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So this woman allegedly has been attacked and/or raped four times and they print her address complete with apartment number?

Killick, I don't know about your friend being a wacko but this really seems to be going way overboard in a possible custody case.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't know if we read the same story, but I thought they did say what the incidents were.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Filing a false police report about the fire that the cops think she and her boyfriend set and wrongly accusing her ex of raping her makes me think she's the whack job, not him.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That certainly seems possible and the fact that the guy has strong alibis. But how many times you going to make these kinds of false claims hoping one works.

This is really, really strange.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Custody battles bring out the worst in people.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Your boy is GUILTY ... of marrying what must be the single most fucked-up chick in the state of Ohio.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ok, this is just weird.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

What a bizarre story. Killick, for those of us who don't take the Mansfield News Journal at home, will you promise to post updates as this one unravels?

12. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Mansfield fucking Ohio.

Draft saved Draft deleted