1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hopefully things turned out better for The Bear

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I like how some of them are unavailable today. What, the truck stop has you working a double-shift today?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Back in the day Butch Patrick and some chick who did a bunch of Skinimax fare were featured at a Haunted Fairgrounds I went to with some friends. Both of them were sitting there available for pictures ($10 a pop) - we got a picture with Butch - I kind of felt sorry for the guy. It was a scene straight out of The Wrestler.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Think he's available?

[​IMG]

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Sam the Chimpanzee is enjoying his retirement, presumably without making celebrity voicemail messages for a sawbuck.

http://www.centerforgreatapes.org/residents-details.aspx?id=33

And Horshack is teaching acting at a Florida high school: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-bk-horshack-teaching-acting-101809,0,3053852.story :D

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He wants us to PAY attention.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, how sad. How truly gut-wrenching sad for these folks. Especially those doing the "free email video" for your birthday.

7. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I was looking over the FAQ because I was curious exactly what a "Telephonic Personal Appearance" is. The $19.95 is for a 30-second phone call with a standard message. You can customize it for an additional $10.00. Their ideal scenario is that the celebrity calls and leaves a message on your voicemail or answering machine. If you pick-up when the celebrity calls they will end the call in 30 seconds [according to the FAQ]. Also, you do not get to specify the date or time the celeb calls. All they'll commit to is that it will be within seven days of when you order the call. You can get quality phone time with these options:

5 Minute Motivational And Health Tips Call - $100
    10 Minute Motivational And Health Tips Call - $200
    20 Minute Motivational And Health Tips Call - $300
    5 Minute Live Psychic Consultation - $50
    10 Minute Live Psychic Consultation - $75
    15 Minute Live Psychic Consultation - $100

One has to wonder who in their right mind would want a psychic consultation from Christopher Atkins or Butch Patrick. Don't you think they would have used whatever psychic powers they may possess to avoid being in a situation where they're doing five minute psychic consultations for $25 [assuming they get half of the fee]?

And the "TPA" consists of a live twenty minute conversation with the celebrity of your choice for the bargain price of $300.00. It's tailored towards publicity events.

Draft saved Draft deleted