1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hope Solo, Wambach, others want a new pro league

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Aug 13, 2012.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

i wouldn't assume but searching i couldn't find any tv ratings for canada or the usa. did you other than it's hugely popular and the cumulative ratings? if it is so popular in canada wouldn't there be a meet in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver or any Canadian city

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Canada has its own pro track league.

www.nationaltrackleague.ca

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It is not popular in Canada, not at all.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

but with the popularity shouldn't there be 1 diamond league meet. there's the mls and usl.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, who cares? It's only freaking Canada.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

What was the lie?

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That was my thought. There is NEVER a world-class meet anywhere near where I am. It's always Europe or, occasionally, New York.

Same with the alpine skiing in the winter. Although I promise I'm going to get to the Colorado event one year (always falls late Nove./early Dec.).

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, there are annual major meets with world-class competitors (not to mention plenty of excellent college athletes at most) in Northern California, Southern California, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Iowa (in addition to the Drake Relays in April, next year's USA nationals will be at Drake in Des Moines) and Texas. And if you're counting indoor meets, add Arkansas, Massachusetts and New Mexico (the 2013 and 2014 USA indoor nationals will be in Albuquerque).

I havd no idea where you are, but they're around.

Draft saved Draft deleted