1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hoover-South Panola 2011-12

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CYowSMR, Nov 18, 2010.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It is interesting in the fact that football powerhouse high schools from different states are now playing each other.

Basketball has been doing it for years, but now it is spreading to football.

And I have a rather odd connection to one of the high schools in question as well but after that, I'm not sure how many people will care.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Both of these programs are outstanding and they should do well at the gate. The university of South Panola (as many like to call it) doesn't do anything fancy. They just play football. Reminds me of the old Valdosta Wildcats. Hoover's program is great and is a must-see for prep football fans in the Birmingham area.

4. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

While there's no question that some of the Rivals people tend to look favorably on the teams they cover, there are quite solid journalists on there as well. Just look at the work done about the Big 12 movement that originated out of the Rivals.com Texas site (Orangebloods). RivalsHigh - the origin of this story - doesn't have an axe to grind for a particular school. They're legit journalists.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Depends on your definition of "quite solid," I suppose, and I'll take your word for it that there may be a handful of examples of decent work out there, but everything I've ever seen is amateur hour. You get what you pay for in journalism, too.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

these types of games have been going on for a few years. have seen quite a few teas teams playing teams from florida, ohio, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted