1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honolulu/Oahu suggestions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mahoney, Jul 9, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Also, a friend who used to live in Honolulu sent me to this place, which was probably the coolest restaurant I've been to in a dozen Hawaii trips. It's called La Mariana, deep in the industrial district -- no one would ever find it unless they were looking for it.

It's basically cut into the trees adjacent to a little marina for locals. Chairs with high wicker backs, rope nets with glass balls, a fish tank behind the bar -- it's an honest-to-god tiki bar from decades before anyone here ever heard of one. And it has live entertainment, two blind guys playing Hawaiian classics on a ukulele and a beat-up piano. You can picture sitting there in the '50s watching the Pan Am jets land.

[​IMG]

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/oahu/D37812.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

You don't have to picture watching jets land, either, since it's in HNL's flight path.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. patchs

patchs Active Member

You haven't done Hawaii until you've gone to Molokai.
    As far from Waikiki as you can get.

4. My suggestion: take me with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted