1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

honeymoon destinations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Ha, don't I know it. Fortunately, my bride-to-be and her mom have been all over that. Her cousin is a wedding photographer, so she knows some people who also know some people, which has made everything pretty easy.

Toughest part for me was narrowing down a guest list (we're staying way small to save money) and picking out my own outfit, since we're getting married on a beach and a tux would have been way too hot....

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You two were trul made for each other, then. If you surveyed 10,000 people, how many would say Iceland was their top destination? A dozen maybe? Not that Iceland isn't nice, but that's not exactly a tip-of-the-tongue trip idea.

I hope you still get there. It looks awesome. I've always thought it's strange that Greenland is mostly ice and Iceland is mostly green. They should just switch names already.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'll echo the votes for Maine, especially Acadia.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Very good point about the car.

When we flew into Key West's airport (think "Wings") last year, there was some sort of snafu about our rental car, so we said screw it and took a cab to our motel. And as it turned out, we never would have needed the wheels.

From the bottom of Duval Street, we'd just walk the 15-20 blocks each day into the party area. And if you're tired at the end of the day/night, there are rickshaw drivers passing by every 10-15 seconds who will pedal you back to your bed; they work for tips (a good one; they're essentially running an 800-meter run for you).

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

We're holding out hope for...eventually :D

6. ArnoldBabar

Key West would be an outstanding honeymoon place. So many great, simple pleasures, and you don't feel like you're missing anything, because it feels like you're at the end of the world.

7. D.C.

Fun, fun city. The Nationals play Houston May 2-5. And you'll get to take in a ton of sightseeing for next to nothing.

Oh, congrats. It'll be the time of your life.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Driving wouldn't be bad, as long as we could rent a nice car... we both don't mind driving.

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

My boss has family there, so he's been down there a few times. He's mentioned it a couple of times as somewhere to go.

10. ArnoldBabar

Yeah, the more I think about that idea the more I like it. Flights to Florida from anywhere can always be found cheap for some reason, the drive down there is unique and cool, and the vibe is great. The whole town gathers to watch the sunset. Good food, good drinking, good weather, and cheap compared with most beach resort towns.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And the percentage of people who are nice to you is dramatically higher than most places.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

If you're looking to rent a car, try Hotwire. Renting a car through them and using their insurance cut my rental bill in half.

Draft saved Draft deleted