1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

honeymoon destinations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Mar 29, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I didn't get it, buck's posting of the youtube video helped. 3 stooges = good stuff.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

D.C. has also been discussed, also high on the list. thanks, gola.
    Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials as well, if I've hadn't before.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Budcrew: If you're driving from that location, look into the Acadia National Park area in Maine. It is the most beautiful location on the East Coast, bar none. Of course, it can still be a mite chilly there in May, but its offseason rates.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Crew, I've pimped this site on here before, and in this case it bears mentioning again.

http://byways.org/ lists all the official National Scenic Byways. It is great for planning a driving vacation, because it has lots of itineraries that include tons of information on the route: how much time you should take to drive it, where to eat, stay and what to do. There aren't that many in your neck of the woods, but they aren't far.

I highly recommend it.

And, piggybacking on Gee's post, byways.org has an Acadian route.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We went to Turks & Caicos. Fucking amazing...

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Looks like a pretty cool site. thanks for the heads up.

7. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I'd really recommend this one: http://byways.org/explore/byways/2487/

I've seen a lot of beautiful places on this planet, but my time in VT/NH afforded some of the most beautiful vistas I've ever witnessed.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'll actually give you the same advice I gave schieza. A week split between Montreal and Quebec City would be a good time.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

New York City is a great, affordable place - the city can be done on the relatively inexpensive. I second Montreal-Quebec City. Getting to Nova Scotia is pricey, but once you get there it's gorgeous and worth the cost.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Charleston, S.C. is great place if you love history. Great aquarium, too. Within driving distance. Boston has a lot of history, too.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I would vote for Niagara Falls but only if you stop and look at the actual falls and then continue you on to Toronto. Lots to do here in TO (including the Hockey Hall of Fame and "The Sound of Music", of course). Niagara Falls looks like someone ate a lot of bad taste and then threw up.

12. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Just go somewhere about 20 minutes from Tahoe. Though that won't narrow it down too much with this bunch ...

RB

Draft saved Draft deleted