1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

honeymoon destinations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Mar 29, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Coco: Montreal is a nice choice. I've never been, but my fiancee has.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Otd: i'm not sure. Couple thousand maybe? That could be way off. Not totally sure yet. We'll have some money just not a lot.

3. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Dude, go to Vegas.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

First of all, congrats. I hope you're as happy with your marriage as I've been with mine of nearly 26 years.

Second, don't know how close you are to Cooperstown, but you could combine baseball with museums, plus you'd have plenty of time for the honeymoon stuff (yowza!).

Someone else mentioned Montreal, but if it was me, I'd probably make the little extra jog and go to Quebec City. Maybe a little more history and not as big a city. Then come back thru Niagara Falls.

One piece of advice I'd offer, don't load up your schedule so that you don't have a lot of time just to spend together with your bride. That's why I like the Cooperstown idea; you won't be as rushed to do a lot of touristy stuff and you can enjoy your time together.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Congrats.

Myself, I find it hard to beat Key West. Just find a nice hotel near the Duval Street action and go crazy for 3-4 days.

We did Honolulu and Maui for ours, but in retrospect, I had just as much fun in Key West for a fraction of the price.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Was Hawaii even a state back then?

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

[​IMG]

8. dooley_womack1

NI-AG-RA FALLS! Slowly I turned...inch by inch...step by step.

9. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Hawai'i. The Big Island. Kona Coast.

Rent a car. See the Volcanoes. Go to Hilo. Drive Saddle Road.

You won't regret it.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think he said he doesn't have that kind of money, Gooch. Maybe you could treat him to a nice tour of West Baltimore?

And dooley, we're only a few years away from nobody getting that joke. I tip my cap.

11. dooley_womack1

Right up there with Irving R. Levine as part of my childhood.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, but by that point, dools won't remember the joke anyway. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted