1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

honeymoon destinations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Mar 29, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Piggybacking off of schieza's vacation thread, my fiancee and I are getting married May 2 (like a month... yikes!) and really don't have any specific places picked for a honeymoon. We're not beach people at all, we like to get out and sightsee and do things... but we're not going to have a ton of money since we're paying for most of the wedding ourselves.

I live in N.Y. state, and we have a week. We're big baseball fans, but we're also big fans of history, museums, cool stuff like that.

What say you, SportsJournalists.com nation? What are some good places to spend a week for a honeymoon for not a lot of money?
    The floor is yours, and thanks for any answers. Links are helpful as well, but I can google with the best of them.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Indiana? No thanks. :p

4. dooley_womack1

No Indiana? No problem.

Bakersfield?

5. dooley_womack1

OK, before someone else whines...have to be some great Vegas deals going right now.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

You are getting married on my birthday. Congratulations!

My brother went to Hawaii and had a great time.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Niagara Falls. [/obvious] :D

8. Sneed

Sneed Guest

I don't have any great suggestions, but just wanted to say congratulations man. I'm getting married July 11. Her parents are spoiling the crap out of us and shelling out for a four-day trip to the Sandals resort in St. Lucia....much nicer than our originally planned beach-for-a-weekend getaway.

If I pissed someone off by bragging about that, I didn't mean to, I'm just excited, yo.

9. OTD

OTD Active Member

How much do you have to spend? That'll narrow down the list a bit.

Of course, I hear Trenton is lovely this time of year.

10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Something I've noticed along the way: those who get pissed because something good has happened for you are generally not worth worrying about.

11. dooley_womack1

You could also choose between Toronto and Los Angeles.[/crossthread]

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If you're into history, Montreal might be a good choice that's in your region. Haven't been there myself, but know many who have and they all loved their visit.

Great food, great clubs, lots of history and some very interesting people are the reports I get. Mrs. Coco and I will get there, someday.

Draft saved Draft deleted