1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honeymoon Destinations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Theoldbenchwarmer, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Slash

Slash Member

Cancun all-inclusive resort. It was a wedding gift from my parents. ;D It was a great time. We are definitely going back to Mexico. My wife studied for two summers there and wants to go to Puerto VAllerta next time. Anyone been there?

2. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Eloped in Key West five months ahead of a planned wedding elsewhere. Snuck my future wife down there for a "vacation" and popped the question about eloping while going over the Seven-Mile Bridge. I knew the area well from many prior trips and it was a slam-dunk yes response from the wife.

Excellent move on my part. No relatives involved, saved a hell of a lot of money and stress as a result. I'd do it again.

The second honeymoon later that fall (which would have been part of the planned wedding) was a trip to Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island. Absolutely fabulous places.

Damn...I need to get back to those places, too. Been a while.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Hawaii.
    Me.
    Isn't Hawaii great all the time?

I might be a little hesitant to honeymoon anywhere where language and communication might be a problem. If you get lost and end up in the wrong part of town, that might not be the best way to see if you're meant for each other.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I can confirm it's a perfect place to pop the question.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd say it's the perfect test. If she can read a map and get you the hell out of there, she's a keeper.
    If you're mugged and you use her as a human shield, there might be trouble ahead.

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Personally, I'd recommend wherever it is you can get the fastest annulment.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I did a search for Greece and vacation and got this thread. I see a few on this that went to Greece (or were planning to) had a wonderful time.

My wife and I plan to have out 10th anniversary in Greece next fall (Oct. 2012) and we are starting to plan. Can you vets of overseas travel to Greece help a brotha out? :) Seems like the Greek Isles is the place to go. But I have no clue where to start.

Roundabout numbers would help. Cost to fly (either Detroit or Cleveland) and how much it would cost to just enjoy ourselves. We are pretty low-key, just a nice beach for her and bars for me. I would like to see some historical stuff as well.

Thanks for the help if you can!

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

1. Turks and Caicos
    2. I did.
    3. Had a great time. Not sure we'd do Club Med again though.
    4. Went to the Greek Isles when I was Eurailing in college. We planned on staying three days. We stayed two weeks. Amazing...

9. baskethead

baskethead Member

1. 10 days in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
    2. I did. If I waited for her to do it we'd still be waiting 8 years later.
    3. Awesome. We were both ready to move there. Maybe some day.
    4. Never been.

Draft saved Draft deleted