1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honeymoon Destinations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Theoldbenchwarmer, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

1) Honolulu

2) She did. But she likes to plan, and I hate to, and she does a good job, so it works out for all involved.

3) It was great.

4) Never been, but we're going in early June. We're taking a bare-bones cruise (like $30 a night) that takes us island hopping. Can't wait.

2. Engaged, not married ... but here are our plans (for now):

1. Royal Caribbean Cruise (Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Cozumel)
    2. Mostly me. I planned our trip to NYC in December and didn't do too bad.
    3. Should be great. Her parents just went on a similar cruise and had a blast.
    4. This will be first time out of the country for both of us.

3. 1) 2 days in Charleston, 2 days in Tybee, 3 at Disney

2) Both of us planned it together

3) Won't know until May when we go

4) No Greece trips here

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

1. Niagara Falls - stayed in Canada. Sidetrip to Cooperstown.
    2. Wedding gift from my parents, but I planned the sightseeing.
    3. Went great. Awesome place, not expensive, great weather. Only downside was my wife was three months pregnant and the baby was lying on a nerve, which made the missus very uncomfortable during long walks.
    4. Never been to Greece.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Italy seems like the perfect honeymoon destination.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It definitely was for me. Very beautiful and romantic.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

1. San Diego
    2. I did
    3. Had fun at the time, but maybe there were signs.
    4. Never been to that part of Europe.

Also, how did all of these sports writers afford to go to Europe and whatnot for their honeymoons? That is crazy.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Because of work and school restrictions, the wife and I only got four days last year for ours. We took a quick trip to Vegas and are saving up for a bigger trip either this summer or next after we have two paychecks instead of one.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Marrying a non-journalist helps.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There's so many things in the U.S. that I want to see that I doubt I'll get to them all in my lifetime. Just getting to all 50 states like I want to (have about 15 to go) will probably have to wait until I'm old enough to retire and tool around in an RV with the words "Blue Dolphin" airbrushed on the side. I'd just rather stay at home and explore this country.
    And I'm a bit jittery, I guess, when it comes to traveling abroad. I had a bad experience in Mexico the one time I did leave the country. It was only for one day, and it involved a car breaking down on the wrong side of the border, but it still wasn't pleasant. Taught me I don't belong anywhere I can't communicate. So I wouldn't mind going to Canada, England or Australia. Anywhere they speak English. But first and foremost, I like the stuff here in the good old U.S. of A.

11. Sandman

Sandman Member

1. Zihuatanejo, Mexico (http://lacasaquecanta.com/)
    2. We planned it together.
    3. If you want exclusion, luxury and lung-collapsing views, this is it. Not for the budget conscious, though. If you can swing it, ask for the Rosita Alvarez room.
    4. Never been.

12. EE94

EE94 Guest

Nothing to see, folks. Move along.

Draft saved Draft deleted