1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honeymoon Destinations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Theoldbenchwarmer, Feb 10, 2008.

1. I'm planning my honeymoon (Greek Isles) and was wondering 1) where you married people went; 2) who in the relationship planned it; 3) how it went; 4) who has been to Greece and knows a nice time of year to go.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Honeymoon to Greek Isles... hmmmm...

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

1) Cruise to Cozumel
    2) Me
    3) Fantastic. Our first cruise together or individually. We ponied up for the Verandah level (our own balcony, big room). Only thing to consider is how freakin' hot it is in Mexico in September :)
    4) Not me, dang it.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

1.) Aruba
    2.) My wife. I can't organize shit.
    3.) Outstanding. We want to go again, but this time via a cruise, in a couple years.
    4.) Beats the hell out of me but I hope you guys have a good time!

5. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

1) We are going to London in September
    2) Me
    3) I'll let you know, but I'm sure it will be great. I've been before
    4) My friend spent a week after college island hopping with his girlfriend. He loved it and hasn't stopped talking about it for two years. Every conversation goes like this..."How was the concert?"..."Well, When I was in Greece, ..."

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

1) Italy
    2) Me. And I kicked ass, if I do say so.
    3) Best time I've ever had in my life. I'd never been out of North America, and Italy is interesting and romantic as hell.
    4) Avoid summer at all costs. It will be crowded as hell and expensive (most European hotels charge different rates in different seasons). Most importantly, you won't get nearly as much local flavor, as most of Europe goes on holiday at some point during the summer season. Consider April or October -- we went in November to the same region and still had really good weather.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

1. Sandals resort, Negril, Jamaica.

2. Me.

3. Awesome, though next time we'd take a flight from Montego Bay to Negril. The resort shuttle was not fun, even though it let us see a lot of the island.

4. Friends of ours did the Greek Isles for a honeymoon. They had a set arrival and departure date. Other than that, they backpacked and island-hopped for two weeks. They'd spend a couple of nights here, a couple there. No hotel reservations. They get off the boat and find a cheap place to crash. (They stayed in some luxury hotel the first two and last two nights.) I think they wound up going back to one island that they really liked.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

1) 4 day/night Bahama cruise followed by 4 days/nights in Orlando
    2) We co-planned it
    3) It went great. My first cruise, her second. The cruise was a ton of fun and then time spent visting Sea World, Universal, Disney-MGM, EPCOT, was a blast.
    4) Never been to Greece.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Looking into Aruba for a Fall vacation. Where did you stay? Any ideas on good places to eat?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I went to a Club Med in the Caribbean and while I love Club Meds, they are not right for a honeymoon...

I've been to the Greek Isles twice, and both times were absolutely exquisite...

Enjoy the Ouzo shots...

11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

1. Mountains in Arizona; friends had a house we used. Visited the Grand Canyon, Sedona, lots of places.
    2. Co-planned it.
    3. Trip went great except for the part where we both got sick.
    4. No Greek isles for me.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

1) Planned: Virgin Islands Went: Barbados *
    2) Me
    3) Outstanding
    4) Never Been to Spain. Or Greece.

*We had made reservations for the Virgin Islands. The week we are going to get married (a little something for you fall wedding types to keep in mind on your honeymoon planning), Hurricane Hugo absolutely ravages the V.I. We're watching CNN and it's strictly devastation and national guard troops. Looks like we're not going there...

I call the travel agent who put this together for us. At no additional cost, she arranges for us to go Barbados instead, and puts us up at what now is a five-star resort (don't think it was quite that swanky back then). We clearly ended up getting way more than we paid for on that trip.

Draft saved Draft deleted