1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honeymoon advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Aug 7, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Where did y'all go on your honeymoon? Any advice for me? My first honeymoon was in Cabo, which was OK. Didn't have one for wedding No. 2.

For Wedding 3.0, we're stuck on what to do and where to go. Cost shouldn't be a problem.

My first choice is Venice, followed by Bermuda and Canada (Toronto-ish). Thoughts?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Don't get divorced.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm going to hold off for now.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sex and room service. Can be done in Cabo or Toledo

5. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

My advice is to ask the future Mrs. Creosote and then say yes to whatever she says.

I had wanted to go to Rome. Craig didn't but he pretended he did.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

What time of year is the wedding/honeymoon?

7. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Congratulations on getting married...

Time of year is important with regard to "where to go". Nova Scotia is great in the sumer months but less than that in the winter. Caribbean islands might not be an idyllic honeymoon retreat during hurricane season.

Nevertheless, here are a few places that might provide you with a great trip - - in addition to the greatness of a honeymoon:

Rome
    Istanbul
    Berlin
    Ireland (the countryside)
    Scotland (Isle of Skye)
    St. Johns (US Virgin Islands)
    Vancouver
    Nova Scotia

Hope that helps

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Since you asked... my wife is a beach lover, so we did Cancun. All-inclusive (including 24-hour room service), couples-only resort with individual bars in each room. Included two-person jacuzzi tubs and large walk-in showers in all rooms. Even if you don't leave the resort, it's worth it. If you do like to get out and about, there is snorkeling, para sailing, Mayan ruins (Chichen Itza) and many other things to do. Of course April will likely still be during the spring break rush, so that might not be what you had in mind for a honeymoon (but if you don't leave the resort it won't matter).

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Toronto in late-April/May is usually pretty nice. Winter is over but the summer heat/humidity hasn't kicked in yet. Have you considered Montreal and/or Quebec City? Two great cities within a few hours drive of each other.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not sure I'd do it exactly like this again but we had a good time in Spain for few weeks: Hung out in Madrid for a few days, then rented a car and drove up through Zaragoza to the Pyranees/Andorra, enjoyed a breathtaking drive down to Barcelona along Costa Brava, spent a few more days going to the beaches south of Barcelona and returned to Madrid by way of Toledo. Among the highlights: Discovering a forgotten chunk of hash in a sport coat pocket; getting booed by fans for exiting a bullfight early, and getting beer from a vending machine at the zoo in Madrid.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

If you're going to do Europe, do more than just one place. So what about a couple weeks where you do the South of France and then Florence and then Venice. You could do 2-4 days in each.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

We did the same thing. Only 4 years after we got married. All-inclusive place in Cancun, couples only. Hell, we may have stayed in the same place.

If you want some specific suggestions, MC, PM me.

Draft saved Draft deleted