1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hondo's Town Hall columnists...what a crew...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 7, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

First of all, don't blame O'Reilly and Coulter because some network honchos gave them a talk show. Al Franken has the same opportunity. If he was remotely entertaining, he might have a shot.
    And dude, you don't want to get into a full-blown debate with me on anything ranging from politics to sports. I'll match you our IQs blind for both our next paycheck, and you'll lose. I guess anyone who disagrees with you is "the slow kid" and a "monkey."

Try having an adult debate and leave the name-calling for the playground. Something tells me that's not possible for you.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"If you and Zeke could read and understand on a sixth-grade leve"....priceless.

The point is, you make Coulter sound like someone who is bang on right most of the time, but whom you have your differences with sometimes. That is like ascribing reason to a screaming baby.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

From the column:

In my brand new book MuscleHead Revolution: Overturning Liberalism with Commonsense Thinking I point out how painfully obvious it has become to us all that the clear-headed absolutes of right and wrong and good and evil were thrown out with the modern feminist bathwater of the 1960s. But few of us ever thought it would get to the point that we are now seeing - pedophiles claiming constitutional civil rights protections for their desire to engage in homosexual pedophilia.

Feminism led to homosexual pedophilia. Got it.

hondo, you're dim.

Fox News beats the other cable news channels. It does not beat "any other news channel in the ratings."

And George Will is a shitty baseball writer, who happens, by the way, to think W is a terrible president. So yeah, I do know a little about him. And we syndicate Parker at my paper, and she is, in fact, an idiot, but she's cheap, so she stays.

And no one has ever said these columns should be stifled. In fact, here we are wading through this garbage to expose it to other people. Because we know anyone with half a fucking brain will see that this is complete bullshit. Like drawing a two-sentence line between the feminist movement and a (completely unproven or even openly asserted) rise in homosexual pedophilia.

Got any other arguments not relevant at all to the topic at hand you'd like to make?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wow, that has to be the equivalent of Pube citing his SAT scores, eh?

I'll match you our IQs blind for both our next paycheck, and you'll lose.

Anyone with a remotely high IQ would never make that statement. Want to know why?

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Because Canadians spell it paycheque?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Psst... he gets fucked on the conversion. It's a sucker bet (although not really anymore).

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The pedophilia column was a reach. Didn't agree with him. Now, feel better?
    You say you're for freedom of thought and opinion, but you keep using these little juvenile code phrases such as "we know anyone with half a fucking braing will see this is complete bullshit," to somehow settle the argument without having an adult argument. Will is a shitty write in your opinion. Parker is an idiot, in your opinion. Just like my thoughts to the contrary are my opinion. But you may notice I'm not calling you names or turning into a potty-mouth like many sixth-grade recess arguments.

Now run along...you'll be late for your milk and cookies.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hondo, your last line is as ad hominem as any name-calling.

10. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Holy shit...why, does it seem, all these little bitch fights have broken out so often in the past few days? The truth is, no one gives a rat's asscrack about a couple of you blowhards who think it's relevant to argue over columnists on a Web site that few read. Fuck off, pull your panties straight, go to bed. Shit. If two or three of you want to argue this crap, do it over goddamn PM.

11. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

and get your own fucking beer.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Precision, hondo, precision.

Will is a shitty baseball writer. I love baseball. As Lyman has pointed out on another thread, conservatives and liberals can agree on baseball. And Will's baseball writing sucks. Seriously. I dare you to finish Men at Work. I fucking dare you.

Now, can you try to address the points I just raised instead of paddling out into another rhetorical lake, throwing the oars to the bottom and then stomping up and down screaming "The Muslims are coming, the Muslims are coming!"

PS -- The pedophilia column wasn't a "reach". It's unmitigated bullshit without a line of argument. I could just as easily say that Jack Kemp's advocacy of a flat tax has led directly to a growing movement among conservatives to use the blood of Muslim children to bake apple pie.

Is that a "reach" too?

Draft saved Draft deleted