1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hondo's Town Hall columnists...what a crew...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 7, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Our friend Hondo, who doesn't seem to have anything better to do than post hysterical anti-Muslim postings apparently has found townhall.com as his inspiration.

And I'm looking through the site, reading columnists, and I come across little gems like this.

You know, Hondo, if you want to hitch your star to a conservative site, find one with a little credibility. And a little less hatred.

Chuck Colson on the Kansas evolution "controversy"

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/ChuckColson/2006/08/07/censoring_science:_the_kansas_controversy

In last week’s school board primary election in Kansas, two conservatives who support teaching the evidence both for and against evolution lost to candidates who oppose such teaching. These losses mean Kansas will now have an anti-science majority: members who want to slam the door on free academic inquiry.

Free academic inquiry about what?

Then we get O'Reilly's rants about the Liberal "jihad". Nice, Bill.

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/BillOReilly/2006/08/05/liberal_jihad

The New York Times has four uber liberal op-ed columnists who, within the last 18 months, have written more than 150 columns about the Bush administration. None of the columns were positive, not one. The Times has no pro-Bush columnists

And Bill, the reason would be, surprise, there's nothing positive to say.

And my favourite, Anne Coulter, in an apparent free-ranging Q&A column with her readers. The woman is a danger to society

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/AnnCoulter/2006/08/02/what_i_did_on_my_summer_vacation

Q: Why is abortion sacrosanct to the left? Why have Democrats chosen this as their hill to die on? Why is evolution so important to liberals?

A: Because they basically want to depopulate the world of human beings, hence their love of abortion and their commitment to a belief system that does not distinguish men from lower beasts.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You don't have to agree with everyone. But are you saying there's no place for views that run counter to your own? Should we stifle anything that isn't in lock-step with your opinion? Just in case you're wondering Townhall.com reguarly carries columns by George Will, Kathleen Parker, Stanley Crouch, Jack Kemp, Mitch Albom (his non-sports columns) and Thomas Sowell. And I've never once posted anyting remotely "hysterical" about Muslims. I've also taken great pains to note that anything mayhem caused by Islamic terrorists is done by a very small minority of them. But I've also noted that we can't keep ignoring the problem or hope it won't go away. And if you don't think there are extremists out there who wish us great harm, and already have done us and our allies great harm, you're only seeing what you want to see.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

By the way...I don't agree with everything O'Reilly and Coulter write. Sometimes they exaggerate to make a point -- somewhat like a liberal icon, Hunter Thompson. But at their worst, they're not as inflammatory as some of the liberal blogs I've seen.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The problem isn't that I don't agree with them.

The problem is that they're full of shit.

And of you're list right there, who are, admittedly, less smearing-their-own-shit-at-the-walls crazy, Will is Will, Parker's an idiot, never heard of Crouch, and Kemp is fiscally deranged.

And did you really try to defend your new pet site to this board by telling us that Mitch Albom writes there?

Check your walls, hondo.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hoo boy Hondo, if you thought people here hated that site before...

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's not even hard, hondo. It's like picking on the slow kid.

Reilly and Coulter aren't as inflammatory as some blogs you've seen, eh?

Well, maybe when some of those (unnamed, I might add) bloggers have CABLE TALK SHOWS AND AN ENTIRE NETWORK DEVOTED TO THEIR VIEWPOINT, that comparison would have a shred of validity.

You will now try to equate one of the network news divisions with FOX News, because you are a simple monkey.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A: Because they basically want to depopulate the world of human beings, hence their love of abortion and their commitment to a belief system that does not distinguish men from lower beasts.

There is no liberal columnist that has written anything as vile about the other side. Not one. And this was one of her nice ones. Yu can be still a good conservative and acknowledge that Coulter is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Seems as if you don't know that Will works at the Washington Post and Newsweek, and has compiled a distinguished career. The rest of the examples you cite sound as if your response to someone you disagree with is to simply call names, like a 6-year-old who doesn't get his way.
    Hardly mature.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There is also a column posted there entitled "Why Liberals Love Pedophiles"

I actually read it. It's not a clever title the guys used to seque into a difference in policy matters over the treatment and punishment of pedophilia.

It's a logical nightmare that ends with the proposition that liberals root for pedophilia to take a deeper root in American life.

I shit you not.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait a minute.

We don't?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You didn't get the memo ???

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If you and Zeke could read and understand on a sixth-grade leve, you would have noticed that I said I don't agree with every colum or columnist. Coulter is out there. So have a lot of satirical writers on both sides of the spectrum. But the way you people talk, any dissent to your opinions should be stifled.

And what about Fox news? Don't they beat any other news channel in the ratings? Oh, yeah...you're answer to that will be the majority of viewers aren't nearly as smart as you and Zeke and Fenian and the rest.
    Damn...why aren't you guys running the country or the world. There would be utopia. Everyone would love their fellow man. No one would be bombing and killing  because someone didn't live and worship as they wanted.

If I see your names on a ballot, you've got my vote. Obviously, you guys know what's best for the rest of us.

Draft saved Draft deleted