1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homer refs at the Swamp?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportsguydave, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Now, you are equating a bad cameraman missing a play with that technology, which is infallible. Where that line is is where the stick is.

Not up for debate.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Done from memory. I think it's correct:

Alabama (1992)
    Auburn (1994)
    Florida (1995)
    Florida (1996)
    Tennessee (1998)
    LSU (2003)
    Auburn (2004)

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

LSU lost to Florida in Death Valley in 2003.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Upsets in the SEC prove the depth of the conference. Upsets in other conferences show the team being upset really sucked.

Houston Nutt said in SI this week he wished he could play schools in the other conferences. Stop scheduling UAB, Memphis, SE La and Northern Arizona.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Anyone want to guess where the official play-by-play has Tebow running on this play above?

If you guess... "well, obviously, the 19" ... you would be very wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Nutt got rolled 120-31 the last time he went against an OOC powerhouse.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Like I said on the other thread, Florida loses to 'Bama in the SEC title game, then the Gators lose to the non-BCS school or Cincy in the bowl game.
    Florida sucks dick. How do I know?
    Because they got taken to the wire by a shitty Arkansas team. Plus, Florida will only play one ranked team in the regular season this year.
    One!
    That's not a schedule that builds greatness.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I hope you pressed the sarcasm button for that one. Unfortunately, that's the perception.

And for all the criticism the Pac-10 gets for being a "one-team conference," USC has not run the table since the complete round-robin was adopted in 2006. In fact, USC shared the title in 2006 and 2007 with two league losses, and was in danger of sharing it again in 2008 before the final weekend.

No one will run the table in the Pac-10 this year, either.

9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

SEC announces that there was "no evidence" on video to support the personal foul on Malcom Sheppard in the 4th quarter.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/10/19/arkansas.penalty.ap/index.html

Also, I'm wondering what evidence there is to qualify Arkansas as a "shitty" team? They've either won or been very competitive in 5 out of their 6 games, with the one embarassment in a game against either the #1 or #2 team in the nation.

10. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Nice. So in other words, "Oops, Arkansas. Our bad ... but you're screwed."

Let's hope Quarterback Jesus was sufficiently thankful for the gift.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So for the second time in three weeks a totally phantom 15-yard penalty at a crucial time inthe fourth quarter helped a high-profile, favored, undefeated SEC team keep its national-championship hopes alive, when a loss would have put a serious crimp in those aspirations.

Shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

12. Simon_Cowbell

If there is one conference that SCREAMS corruption, it is that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted