1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homer refs at the Swamp?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportsguydave, Oct 17, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's possible - just unusual for a team that is sloppy enough to lose four fumbles would be tight enough to only cost itself 16 penalty yards.

2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

LSU v. GA

Referee: Marc Curles • Umpire: Ronnie Jones • Linesman: W.Randall Kizer • Line judge: Michael Shirley • Back judge: Michael Watson • Field judge: Greg Thomas • Side judge: Jess Dupuy • Scorer: Joe Sturniolo •

Ark/FL

Referee: Marc Curles • Umpire: Ronnie Jones • Linesman: Randall Kizer • Line judge: Michael Shirey • Back judge: Michael Watson • Field judge: Greg Thomas • Side judge: Jesse Dupuy • Scorer: Steve Howard

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

College officiating sucks in general. These guys are extra weak even by that low standard.

4. mb

mb Active Member

Do SEC officials generally suck ass? Yeah.
    Do they generally suck ass in favor of teams ranked in the top 10? You betcha.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but PI calls of that nature are one of my biggest peeves in football nowadays. I'm so sick of games being decided by these ticky tack interference calls. If he grabs or pushes the guy call it. But that defender was basically just playing good tight defense, the (slight) contact resulted from the reciever hitting the brakes as much as anything else.

I'd like to see the rulemakers loosen up the straight jacket on dbs a bit. A reciever who can't get open should expect an occasional bump or two.

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Thought it was just business as usual in the SEC: Protecting their team with the best chance of getting to the title game. And the Fla receiver committed offensive pass interference on that late drive.

On Thursday they'll come back and say "Sorry. Those were missed calls."

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Learn to watch the games.

Pathetic officiating out there

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

2 very questionable calls right in a row from same official. Clearly it was a difference in game.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

WOW

10. Crash

Crash Active Member

Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina and the rest of the SEC have-nots can provide mile-high stacks of "Letters of Apology" that tell you how bad SEC officiating is.

The sad thing: it isn't limited to the SEC. College officiating, in general, is awful.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I hear complaints about a disproportionate number of fouls being called against one team in basketball all the time. I guess the presumption is that in a game with a lot of physical play, both teams are somewhat equally responsible.
    I've never really bought into that theory in any sport.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just like Florida's lone touchdown against LSU last week came when the receiver grabbed and pulled the cornerback's jersey to spring ahead by a step or two.

Draft saved Draft deleted