1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homepage Editor, Bleacher Report

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ChrisMaza, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd go after the job, but my headlines aren't crisp. They're more on the crusty side.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Definitely wait for the Plain Dealer gig, Ace. I think it's more your style.

3. lono

lono Active Member

Do any of these gigs actually pay, or are the EE and ME really interns?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

More openings.

Sports Analytics & Data Manager. Based in San Francisco. Salary is negotiable.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1238149

Content Optimization Editor. Based in San Francisco. Salary is negotiable.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1237635

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"Salary is negotiable" reminds me of when George Carlin would say, "Everything is a situation!"

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I gingerly note that they seem like they're actually trying to get better and upgrade content, and then gingerly step away.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They're also looking for an ME and an EE if my memory serves? I echo SF in every way, including the gingerly stepping away part.

8. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

What was FanHouse in 2008?

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

According to this yahoo, Bleacher Report is close to catching ESPN.com in terms of traffic!

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-bleacherreportcom-is-trouncing-espncom-by-using-social-business-principles-2011-3

10. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Interesting points in that article. There are things we should all adapt to. Doesn't change the fact that it is, at heart, a content farm, and as such as a sketchy future as the search engines start aggressively looking for ways to emphasize quality of content.

I used to joke that at a paper I worked for in Louisiana, I could post a story that said "LSU football" repeatedly, over and over, 1,000 times (like Bart Simpson on the chalkboard) and it would become one of our 10 most read stories of the day. BR has built a business model around that concept.

11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

How pumped do you think the BR guys were when this came out. I bet they did a slideshow of the 10 coolest sentences in this story.

Draft saved Draft deleted