1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeland (not the grocery store)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Aug 18, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tainted or killed.

I think actors dream at night hoping they can be good as Mandy Patinkin and Claire Danes are in this show. It is amazing.

I am not into Damian Lewis as Brody. I just cannot get Band of Brothers out of my head.

2. 93Devil

But I am with you, now that you mention it. Why would he ask for all that work to be taken down?

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I usually get up before 5 on Mondays, I don't know how I am going to stay up until 11:30 on Sunday night for the finale.

4. 93Devil

DVR? Tivo?

5. 93Devil

Or wake up at three?

6. Webster

It's going to be hard to stay away from the chatter -- people at work and many of my friends watch. I usually watch on Monday nights, but this is going to be tough. I do a call with my London office at 5 on Mondays, which requires at least a cup of coffee. Sleep is overrated.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The work was classified documents, she was acting delusional/psychotic, and was about to be fired so he figured it was the work of a crazy person who was no longer employed by the CIA.

8. EStreetJoe

I usually watch Monday or Tuesday mornings. This week I was fortunate that I was able to watch this morning.
    Undecided right now if I'm going to stay up late to watch next week or just watch Monday morning... I'll probably wait and see how I'm feeling after watching the season finale of Dexter.

9. 93Devil

That was Saul's work as well.

I think Saul has this figured out already, IIRC, Saul did mention that he hung all that up. I might rewatch some of these to see what tells the mole might have.

10. Webster

The possible moles are David, Saul, Carrie and Galvez. I don't think we know enough about Galvez and Carrie is too committed/batshit to be the mole. So it comes down to Saul and David. Two kings.

I really am having a hard time believing that Brody would choose the memory of Issa, someone who was allegedly related to his captors, over his blood family.

11. 93Devil

Brody could also take the bullet at the last second, thus outing the sniper.

It could also explain why he is so somber with his kids now. He knows he could die, but for a different reason.

And I doubt he gets out of the Middle east without making this deal. He wanted out, then realized in the parking lot that he could die at any time. So his only way out is to partially go through with this.

12. EStreetJoe

I'm thinking that David is the mole.
    Carrie's too obsessed with catching the bad guy to be the mole and I don't know enough about Galvez to point the finger at him yet.
    There were three incidents pointing to who the mole could be: 1) sneaking of the razor blade to the captured POW guard; 2) tipping the couple they were about to be raided; 3) tipping Walker his Saudi contact was being used as bait.

For #1 - we know that David was in close contact with the prisoner when breaking up the scuffle with Brody, while the only times we saw Saul in there he was under close video surveillance during the questioning.
    David was calm about taking the polygraph while Saul was agitated about needing to do his job and not wanting to take it. I'm thinking the mole would want to take it to prove his innocence and throw them off his scent.

For #2 - David and Saul knew of the operation. However, if I recall correctly, David had more doubts about it than Saul. So David could have tipped them.

For #3 - Not enough evidence pointing to one or the other.

Other points..
    * Saul refused to go to David at the beginning with the possibility that Brody might be the turned POW because there wasn't enough proof.
    - Not evidence one way or the other, just an employee covering his ass on an unproven theory
    * Saul covered for Carrie for the surveillance on Brody
    - Not evidence one way or the other. Another covering his ass situation because it would mean his job as well as hers if it was discovered.
    * David bringing Brody to the prisoner
    - Could be because he knew that bringing Brody in was a potentially volatile situation, despite what Brody said, and knew it would be his best chance to slip the prisoner something in the confusion
    * Saul assembling Carrie's timeline
    - He's determined to catch the bad guys as well and putting it together gave him a clear picture of what she's thinking.
    * David taking down Carrie's timeline
    - He's shown time and time again this season that he goes with policy and the rules before what is logically correct. In this case, he got the report from Brody that Carrie was harassing him and fired Carrie, wanting back all the classified documents she had without looking to see what type of evidence she's assembled with it. The question is what did Brody really tell David? Did he tell him that she's getting close to figuring things out and gave him the affair as the excuse to nail her with or did he just claim harassment?
    On the flip side, did Saul tell David or Galvez anything about Carrie's mental state?

Draft saved Draft deleted