1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homegrown Features accepting clients

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Coy Slavik, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Coy Slavik

Coy Slavik New Member

I have produced a weekly Homegrown feature for major and mid-sized daily newspapers for over a decade.

The feature includes a 15- to 20-inch story on a former high school standout from my clients' circulation areas who is now excelling at the collegiate level. Also, each weekly package includes raw video, an action photo, headshot, and bio of the featured player. Provided each week is also a "Ten Others To Watch" list of other former prep athletes with capsules and headshots of each.

The Homegrown features begin each August with football and volleyball previews and end in May with features on athletes competing in spring sports.

Cost for the weekly feature is $125. Most of my clients use this feature as an opportunity to produce good, local content on the their front pages on normally slow days (Mondays or Tuesdays). I feature athletes in all sports from JUCO to NCAA Division I.

All I would need to get started is a list of high schools in your circulation area and I can generate a database of athletes. Here is an example of my work published in the Corpus Christi Caller-Times: Hometown Heroes: Estrada solidifying status at UTSA

Call me at 361-646-7119 or email me at CoySlavik@yahoo.com for more information.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted