1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeade burger recipes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Aug 3, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

IJAG could do so with her bare hands.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I like the homemade Jucy Lucy.

Worcestershire and Lawry's and cracked black pepper, then patty them up as thin as you can get them.

Slice an onion very thin in rings and fry it in butter. Cut up some flat hunks of either Velveeta or cheap cheddar cheese, but stuff that melts well.

Take a patty, put a hunk of cheese and some fried onions on it, then put another patty on top. Repatty, again, as thin as you can get it.

Grill, and when you think it's done, throw it on the top rack for a few more minutes. Last step is key: Let sit for a few more minutes before you eat it, unless you enjoy mouth burns.

Enjoy.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

however, there's cooking them like my grandmother did.
    Add two heaping tablespoons of moisture per pound. use things with a thicker consistency such as mustard, ketchup or BBQ sauce (mayo doesn't work). You can add a dash of soy sauce or worcershire sauce but no more than that. mix well into the burger meat before you make patties.
    It allows you to cook on the grill a little longer and keeps moisture and seasoning into the meat.
    I also chop onions and add to the mix when grilling and have also used crumbled blue cheese within the patty for more flavor.

4. joe

joe Active Member

Seconded.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, enough of the haterade

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I like lemonade, too. Homeade Lemonade is wonderful. My aid makes it for us.

7. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

1 package of ground turkey (lean ground beef is OK, but turkey is healthier and has a different taste, something to change things up)
    1 taco seasoning packet (mild for sissies, hot to put some hair on your chest)

Smush together, form 4 patties, grill.
    Top with pepper jack cheese
    Toast the buns, put some chipotle mayo on it.
    :p

8. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

Put the ground meat in a mixing bowl, dump some worcester sauce, some Frank's Red Hot, and grilling rub in on the meat. Mix really good with your hands, and there you go. One trick I just learned: Make an indentation in the middle of each raw burger, or scoop out a small portion with a spoon, so when you put it on the grill, it doesn't ball up, the burger will keep its shape.

9. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Baste in 57 as a marinade, top with three of your favorite cheeses on slightly toasted pita bread and shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.

Another one - tomato and advocado with rye bread.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Burgers are different for me every time. I'm kind of like a jazz musician when it comes to cooking: never the same way twice.

11. KG

KG Active Member

I forgot the most important part. I put Kraft's Spicy Mayo on the bun. Since I've started using that, I haven't wanted to go back to regular. Be cautious though, that stuff is more spicy than you'd think.

12. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Oh and I forgot, lemon pepper seasoning, topped with mayonnaise.

Draft saved Draft deleted