1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Home security questions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 25, 2012.

1. I am putting up home security cameras and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with wireless?

I have cordless phones and wireless Internet. I am concerned about signal interference with the cameras. We bought an intercom system a year or so ago - a good one - that stopped working after a few weeks due to interference of some sort.

Any ideas or thoughts?

In addition to the cameras, I need recording equipment to accompany it. Any suggestions on brand names or systems?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

FWIW, there's one on Woot today.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i just bought a taser to keep at the house. wife was opposed to getting a gun so i figured this was a good compromise. she disagreed, but i bought it anyway. i know this doesn't answer you question or help in the slightest. about the gun thing, i don't really have any illusions that an armed intruder will enter my home and i will quickly and efficiently put a bullet through his head; i wanted just in case. and i have two small children so i'd definitely get one of those fingerprint safes.

Draft saved Draft deleted