1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Home repair or the return of Larry, Darryl and Daryl

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Apr 18, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

We've needed some electrical work for a while. A 110 line outside on one end of the house so I can plug in a Mosquito Magnet and 110 and 220 in the back of the house so we have an external outlet for the desk and a place to put the hot tub if/when we ever get around to moving it over from ms. Slappy's parents.

Her dad recommends an electrician who owes him a favor. Nice guy. Super. Built like Bubba Joe, resplendent with bib overalls. He looks at what we need, gives us a price 60 percent lower than the last estimate. We'll take it.

Shows up today with two workers. Nice people. Super. Guy's got half his teef in his head, the girl's just watching and not sure she hasn't spent time somewhere -- rehab, work-release, clinic, minimum security.

I'm sure they do good work and you can't judge a book by it's cover. But am waiting for one of them to go off in the woods and look for squirrels because they taste better when they come from the whole family.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This thread is useless without pictures.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, it isn't.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

True story: My dad's name is Larry, his brother's name is Darryl. He does not have another brother, however.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

210, 220, whatever it takes.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm sure write-brained could cut you a pretty good deal.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Update: They disappear at 12:15. No idea where they've gone. Come back at 1:30 and I tell them that I'm leaving at 3 on assignment.
    No problem, they say. We'll get done what we can. (Which would be more if you hadn't spent a whole hour working before you broke for lunch...)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh. And Larry's calling me David (not my real name. Not even close).

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey, you have any idea how long it takes to properly filet a squirrel?

11. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

David, whatever you do, make sure the outside outlet is a GFCI.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. But I'm hoping you don't know either.

Draft saved Draft deleted