1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Home for the holidays

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MileHigh, Dec 23, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's been a rough month for the 2170s, lost a stepdad and a dad between the two of us...looking forward to doing almost nothing but appreciating the good stuff.

Wishing our SJ family a wonderful holiday, and a great 2012. Love you guys.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know of what you speak; this has been the worst year of my life...but that only makes the New Year even sweeter!

3. I live in the same town as most of my family, but will be spending Christmas alone. Since I'm the only one in the office without a wife and kids I automatically get volunteered to work most holidays. This year has been a nice split, though, among everyone in the office for the holidays. But my family's celebration isn't until late on Christmas day, so I'll have to miss it so I can go to the office and put the paper out.

Christmas really is just another day to me anymore. I hate the holiday and what it's become with a passion. I'll go to my mom's party tonight just to make her happy, not because I necessarily want to.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Haven't been "home" to the 716 for Christmas since 1983 and since none of my family lives there anymore that will probably remain my final holiday visit.
    So, a nice quiet Christmas eve in Microville watching the Bills, and a quiet Christmas day.

Yesterday I was out finishing my stocking-stuffer shopping and went into a restaurant to buy a bottle of Mexican Coke. Ran into three friends, they asked me to stay and bought four rounds of beers. Merry Christmas to me.
    Pacifico on someone else's dime, yum.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Pulled up to the local Waffle House to discover Santa Claus, sans jacket, walk out of the restaurant, load his wife and kid into the Suv, then hang out for five minutes with his buddies while smoking a cigarette.

Alabama till I die, y'all.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

7. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I gave my parents my old computer and finally figured out to hook up the wifi. It's coming in handy right now here in the basement as I avoid my batshit holy-roller sister. This is pretty much a direct quote from about an hour ago: "I could eat poison and it wouldn't hurt me, in the name of Jesus. That's what it says in the bible and I believe it."

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Make her prove it!

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Roll Tide.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Damn, so Blitzer, Donner and Rudolph smoke, too?

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Just watched the ESPN doc on the Bama/Auburn rivalry and this doesn't surprise me at all.

Roll Tide!

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Just called the family to wish the 9-year-old nephews a merry Christmas.

Apparently, as soon as they showed up, my dog high-tailed it down the highway.

My little pound dog is smarter than she looks.

Draft saved Draft deleted