1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Home for the holidays

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MileHigh, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It also appears the 3 blonds are doing indecent things under the covers as well.

It would appear they are also easy.

2. Me too.

It's been 50 degrees here for a days and rain. Rain. Rain. And more rain.

I love snow.

3. You just might get your snow. ;D

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nice try, Evil, but Creosote is still the odds-on favorite.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So would a whole bunch of meshuggenah comedians. Oh wait, that's the Catskills.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm home. Staying at my brother's in the town I grew up in. It always makes me a little sad. I want it to be just like it was when I was growing up, and it isn't.

His wi-fi is terrible and he didn't know the password either. Luckily his daughter knew it.

They all went to work/school this morning, so after two fruitless attempts to find a good shot of espresso, I'm at my parents.

I'll take my mom to lunch. She'll like that..

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Welcome back...I've arranged some Santa Ana winds to blow the decorations off your house. If you find yourself stranded in Corona give me a shout I'll come and rescue you!

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it was clear and windy coming down Cajon last night, but it's always nice when it's super clear.

I'm sure I'll be at some friends' house in Corona over the next week or so.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Exactly that. At my own home for Christmas for the second time in about 10 years. When we moved away in 2001, we spent Christmas with the parents until we had our daughter in 2008. Last year I was in Afghanistan; next year, I'll be there, too.

This fucking sucks. I need a drink.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'm not going anywhere for the holidays, and I'm more than a bit pissed about it. My contract here ran out earlier this month and I was supposed to fly back home on Tuesday, enjoy my first Christmas at home since I-can't-remember-when and start my transition to post-newspaper life.

Instead, I'm still here, waiting on a promotion and bump in pay that may or may not happen and trying to convince myself that doing right by the two people who all but begged me to stay (and will top the list of references on my resume) is worth continuing to keep my life on hold. I've been far from home for the holidays plenty of times before, but never before had I called my parents and told them to expect me at a family gathering, only to have to turn around and back out.

I've never been one to get too into the holidays, but this year is going to eat at me more than most.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We'll be home for Dec. 24-25, then the four of us fly down to see the parents/grandparents in Florida. It'll be nice for all concerned.
    Lobster for dinner tomorrow!!! Steak and shallot jam Christmas Day. Champagne, too.
    There's a not lot to like about the regular non-newspaper 9-5 world, but it's OK to be off when the rest of the world is, too.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fourteen inches of white, wet shit on the the ground?
    Sounds like you've already done some indecent things.

Draft saved Draft deleted