1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Home bowl syndrome

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Damn solid? Yes. Post of the month? Nah, man. Go to Baron's 'Karate Mom' letter on the 'Dear dimwit on the phone' thread. Trust me.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The worst is when you are using the work pisser and hear some hellish noises and smell some rancid stink coming from the stall - I always rush out of there quickly because I don't want to know who was responsible.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

This thread is a real stinker.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Quit crapping on our fun, shithead.

5. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I can honestly say that to this day I still have no clue what the restrooms at my high school look like (except for the one in the locker room, an only cuz it was right there). I even hated using the crapper at my college dorm.
    I got over a lot of it when I went to Moscow. Step off the Aeroflot and into the restroom at the airport, you realize you can hold it for two more weeks.
    Now I pretty much have a good list of public toilets across the state of Texas (used to be Texas reststops were the last place you wanted to go, they've improved slightly) that are clean, and pretty quiet. The best is an Omni just off 635 in North Dallas, just west of 35.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Agree about school bathrooms. Hell - my elementary school didn't even have doors on the crapper. In high school I tended to use the port-a-potties by the football field - they were cleaner.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You haven't lived until you've shit in a Port-O-John in the Helmand Province. There's a rumor that someone died from a heat stroke on one of those things.

I know it's a rumor, but I can believe it.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I certainly prefer home-field advantage, but the ones at the office aren't too bad. Some great stories:

1. I'm dropping a 12-couric beauty at work and the guy in the stall next to me is talking on his cell phone. He begins to argue with (I later figure out), his wife. It gets heated until he finally says, "Goddammit, I've gotta go. I'm taking a shit."

2. Favorite bathroom annihilation: A Jack-In-The-Box in Rancho Cucamonga. Couldn't hold it. Single toilet bathroom situation. At least five people knocked on the door while I was in there. Then I ordered an ultimate cheeseburger. :)

3. Least favorite: I go to cover the Chrysler Classic when it was still held at Forest Oaks in Greensboro. The bathroom in the press area is clogged, and they won't let us down to the locker room to use theirs. The only choice? A 90-degree porta-potty that had been roasting in the sun all day. :(

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

When you gotta go, you gotta go. I have no phobias as long as it's not filthy beyond reason.

I remember the first few days of boot camp a guy making reference to not using public facilities. I said, "You're going to have a miserable four-year wait to take a shit."

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Summer heat, very full Port-A-Potty at a big event where many people have visited.

Splashback.

TP roll is almost empty or so full it's near-impossible to extract an ample amount to clean up.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I did look a little like that .. when I was 15.

12. I'm guessing that Moddy is absolutely loving this thread.

Just to further irk - TTIWWP

Draft saved Draft deleted