1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy smokes, he's back??? Knicks hire Thomas as consultant.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sgreenwell, Aug 6, 2010.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

20 something teams passed on Rondo though. Once you get past the lottery in the NBA draft, I think it's mostly a crapshoot and you're just looking at rotation guys and talented guys with huge issues.

2. Crash

Crash Active Member

It's a crapshoot, for sure. It's not enough of a crapshoot to justify taking one guy who wasn't projected to get drafted over a guy who was a projected first-rounder and had fallen to you.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A college coach having an official contractual relationship with a pro franchise is a bright red line neither the NCAA nor the pro leagues should allow to be crossed.

Of course everybody knows everybody and people talk on the phone all the time and there's nothing you can do about that, but when it's an official contractual arrangement, the college team (and the college players) are always going to come out second best.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

An example of being lucky and not being good.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

OMG. IDK.

I'm craving a BLT right now.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

Why would ANYBODY consult Isiah Thomas about ANYTHING?

I have long advicated a show trial for Isiah Thomas for crimes against basketball. It would be something like Nuremburg meeting the People's Court. Michael Jordan could be at the prosecution table, and Isiah would be forced to answer for doing awful jobs with Toronto, the Knicks, freezing out Michael Jordan, and bankrupting the CBA.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My contention still is that The Marbury family wrecked the NBA

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, Marbury is still just a player, whereas Thomas is management. It's not like he didn't have access to vast reports about Marbury's attitude and family issues before making a deal for him.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Now that Thomas has had the contract rejected, maybe the Knicks will hire Marbury as a consultant!

Draft saved Draft deleted